Busse South Pool 9-25 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Busse South Pool 9-25

Got to Busse this morning about 8:30a. Kind of cool this morning about 50 but the sun was shining and was a very nice morning. Got to the opening in the tall grass to the left of the wall fished that area for about half hour no takers. Made my way to the wall fished the wall from front to back with olny 2 crappie 8and 6in. after about 45min. without any action tried the area past the wall to the area I call the cove nothing not even a bite. On the way back I fished the wall and nothing until I got to about 10 yards from the very end. Then after about 4 casts bam my first south pool 18in. walleye what a rush she was beautiful. She took a 3in. gulp minnow grub on a fishhead jig. Finally after 3+ years of fishing that area I landed a keeper. I removed her off the hook measured her gave her a big kiss and released her to be caught by another lucky angler. God do I love fishing.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2003, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats

Still have to catch a walleye out of Busse....then again, I should go there more often than twice a year

Way to go though
Old 09-25-2003, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Busse South Pool 9-25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassinator
Got to Busse this morning about 8:30a. Kind of cool this morning about 50 but the sun was shining and was a very nice morning. Got to the opening in the tall grass to the left of the wall fished that area for about half hour no takers. Made my way to the wall fished the wall from front to back with olny 2 crappie 8and 6in. after about 45min. without any action tried the area past the wall to the area I call the cove nothing not even a bite. On the way back I fished the wall and nothing until I got to about 10 yards from the very end. Then after about 4 casts bam my first south pool 18in. walleye what a rush she was beautiful. She took a 3in. gulp minnow grub on a fishhead jig. Finally after 3+ years of fishing that area I landed a keeper. I removed her off the hook measured her gave her a big kiss and released her to be caught by another lucky angler. God do I love fishing.
Nice going and congrats. Hopefully with the cool weather this weekend the big ones will start biting more consistently. How was the water level/clarity?
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2003, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

The water was still below normal and stained. I hope the the big boys start biting Darren. I'd love to get that feeling of landing one of those beauties more often. I hope I can land a couple more before iceup. One thing is for sure I'll be out there trying. I'll be Back!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice fish! I still need to catch a walleye from Busse! You are really have luck with those Gulp! products!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!
channel cat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2003, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Bassinator,
You just keep on getting better and better. Congratulations on the keep-sized walleye. They are tough fish. Too bad they don't jump, huh?

Next time, maybe try all the way around the shore through the last dead standing shoreline trees. We taken quite a few walleye and bass along that whole south shoreline.
LarryM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2003, 06:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

When is a good time to hook-up with some eyes, would evening be my best bet, becuase it closes at sunset? Thinking about tomorrow evening, I'll see you at the derby tomorrow Bassinator! You know what is weird, and I just noticed it this year, different things work better at different places. For example I have a ton of time because I really have no responsibility so my parents drop me off over at several places. I have found that carp over at Harper like nightcrawlers a lot, and carp over at different ponds I fish don't even like them, but they will eat bread or corn instead. Bass over at Twin Lakes seem to like plastic worms, bass over at a private pond I fish, I have used almost everything and had sucess there with everything, but plastic worms! Weird huh?
channel cat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in