Roundmeadow Lake Quick One - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Roundmeadow Lake Quick One

Thanks to this forum, I now know that I've been fishing Roundmeadow, not Hidden Lake in Wheaton! I would have never known...

Anyway, my son and I again spent about an hour fishing this morning. Once again, he pulled in three small bluegill on nightcrawlers, while I reeled in weeds. Lots of BIG bites for him, so he was very excited. Great weather and a good time.

His old man continues to show his inability to catch fish. Skunked again. I figure I'm using the wrong baits. I'll continue to learn!

Of course, the person to learn from would be Max! Good to meet you on the lake today, Max. Let me tell you, that man works that lake like a pro. I think on my next trip, I'll just follow him with a notebook. He knows the lake like his backyard. Max - did ya get anything?

As in all my other posts, I end by saying "Another great day fishing for me and my son!"

Tarpon
Tarpon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to maxfish86 Send a message via Yahoo to maxfish86
Default hey tarpon!

thanks for the complement. I also read that your having some problems choosing a rod for a baitcasting out fit, what kind of bait caster do you have, that might help me, to help you choose the right rod. How much are you willing to spend as well? Yea i went today caught one, and I saw a guy there and he caught an 8 pounder...

see you on the water, keep teaching grant fishing

max
Old 05-17-2004, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Max -

Good to hear from you.

I'll tell you what, Grant loves fishing -- even if it's only 30 minutes before he starts throwing rocks in the water. He's only 4, and he has his whole life to do more fishing! We've fished Roundmeadow three times this year, and he's caught all the fish.

Thanks for the baitcast offer. Here's the deal: I don't have a rod OR a reel. I was confused on which rod, but I think I'm set on the reel.

My budget is somewhat open, since I have a birthday coming in 2 weeks! I saw a nice Quantum reel at Bass Pro for about $70, and it works great and comes with good recommendations. It's the rod that has me all confused. Length, handle, etc.

I have two spinning rods: Ultra light and medium. I just want to round things out with the baitcasting.

Thanks - tight lines!
Chip
Tarpon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in