Lisle area Ponds - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lisle area Ponds

Hi everyone, I was writing as I recently moved to the area and have been looking for some places to catch and release some bass and or catfish. Are there any decent spots for larger bass? Are there any decent bass in the ponds in Lisle off of college and abbeywood? Strictly catch and release only. Thanks so much for any help!!!!
jimlabanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Excellent fishing over in heritage farm ponds. If you can find the one with the big white gazebo, fish that one. Many 3+ lb bass caught in there. When it gets a little cooler it will pick up, but the fishing over there is really good. Great crappie to, you just have to know where. The fishing is slow over there right now, but it will pick up. This is a satellite image of the lake, so you can get an idea of the one I am talking about. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lisle,+il ... &t=h&hl=en Go there, give it some time, its a great local place. We have always had sucess with senkos in there. Never fished for cats in there. Use the zoom on the picture and it will go right to the lake.
marcooooos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was driving around one day looking for some ponds to hop. I noticed this guy with some fishing poles sticking up from his back seats so I followed him. We wound up at those Heritage Farm ponds. I got out and walked around a bit and noticed a sign up that said something about requiring you to have a heritage farm permit and a valid fishing license. There were some bucket guys staggered here and there and I couldn't picture any of them actually buying a permit.

Any clue on if that is true there? Can you just go there and fish? I have a fishing license but I'm not about to buy a permit for little dink ponds like those over there.
Lossisback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ive never seen those signs. I fished two of the other ponds, and then the one that is in the picture. I have had such good luck with the one in the picture that I dont go to any of the others. I am going to look into it tommorrow. I post back what I find out.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

I better put my CLF sticker in the back window if girls who fish are out stalking.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the tips on the location. I will definetly try out there and let you know how it goes.
jimlabanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default heritage ponds

hi marcoos i checked the map out is it the ponds directly south of the four lakes complex on double eagle drive. thanx
mr.fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2005, 02:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

The pond is actually located on brookwood, just off of abbeywood dr.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have fished those small ponds on the other side of College Rd. on Abbeywood. Early evening has always given me some good action there. The larger of the ponds I caught a nice sized LMB in the weeds and then the smalled pond right in the front, Fishslayer landed a few right in a row that looked to be in the 7"-10" range.
Lossisback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in