Commercial Zone - Butterfield and Finley - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Commercial Zone - Butterfield and Finley

The big lake in the buisness zone around butterfield and finley (And 355 & 88 as well) produced some great fishing yesturday. Myfriend was fly fishing for gill and he lost count around 50. The best ones he got were a 9oz. and a 10oz that i think was 8 or 9 inchs or something... I have a picture of it, but dont know if anyone is interested...

The water was warm, and I was throwing a popper for bass (plastic worm and rooster tails werent producing) Caught 4, all under 2 pounds. They were all healthy. The key was was going about 10 - 20 feet out (it runs pretty shallow around the shore) and giving it some good pops and splashes, and letting it sit for up to 10 seconds, wiggling the pop-r just enough to move the feather up and down, and then BAM, they were just inhaling them.
So they were moving slow, they would let it sit, make sure its 'alive' then finally hit it.
I wish I wouldnt have waited until the last minute to try the pop-r, I'm sure I could have reeled some more in.
hatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Do you ever get chased out of commercial area lakes? There are a f few business parks/commercial areas in bolingbrook/Naperville I've been wanting to try but was unsure whether I'd get chased out.
tooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have fished a lot of corp ponds in the downers/lisle/naperville area and have never been asked to leave. I mean, worst case they ask you to leave, they dont toss you in jail.
fishslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

In that particular area there are 4 lakes/ponds. 3 are right next to buisnesses. 2 of them have a lot of signs, and I dont fish those. One has one sign, and every time I go there the employees ask me if I caught anything. The Fourth one is further away from actual buildings, and theres no problems there.

Agreeing with slayer, I have never got kicked out of any of them. Ive gotten dirty looks, but nothing severe. I cant imagin anyone getting fined if theyre not throwing garbage all over the place...

Has anyone fished these ponds?
hatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

It always seems to amaze me how many people seem to take it upon themselfs to make sure you notice the signs posted in business parks. People seem to make it their hobby to ruin other peoples hobbies. Must be fun, i need to give it a try. I fish alot of business parks in Lake County durring the week after work. Some are fine to fish others seem to not be. Ill say there is some great fishing to be had of the beaten path of other anglers
Hambone870 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hatchmaster-
I work in Lombard and I am always looking for ponds to hit during lunch or afterwork. Would appreciate it if you had any more local places. I will return the favor.
pondjumper77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Anyone ever successfully fish the ponds on the Motorola property in Schaumburg? I've heard that their great ponds
g0nephishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

WHERE IS IT LOCATED?
FORESTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

ha, good luck trying to get in. THe motorola place ur talking about has a lot of security.
hockey25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

My work butts up against the property, and I've fished the small pond right outside the alumni club. All I caught was 2 tiny bluegill there. I never ventured farther onto the property due to the security presence.

I'd have to guess there's some decent fish in there since I never see anyone fishing there.
tooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in