ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Busse/Salt Creek report 2/9

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  quetico 
#1 ·
I got out with Stinkbait for a little while before the swap meet. We fished down by the high school for eyes with no luck. We walked down to the discharge for a little "action". We both caught our fair share of dink bass,bluegill and crappie. On our way back we fished by the high school again. Stinkbait got one walleye about 14"(along with my $2). Nice day to be out although it was a bit cold. It was 9 degrees when we got there and 15 when we left. Why do we do this again? :wink:

#5 ·
I was wondering when we'd hear from you, Quetico. If anyone was to make a post about large walleye being caught, it would be you.

It's good to hear of some decent fish being caught. Good job.

#7 ·
Hey Darren, I got your new email address, and sent you some pictures.

Small skinny crankbaits will work, but the tight wobble of a minnow bait is better. Soft palstic (the ones with the flat tails) are good and can be hooked up with a weedless jig. Small rattle traps work and of course live minnows and jig. However, I miss as many as I catch if I'm fishing live bait. I don't add a stinger hook which would help on the short bites but might cause more snags.

Its not easy fishing, so i try and keep it simple. Its hard to cast becasue of the trees that over hang and my baits are small, lots of snags, the tip of my pole ices up alot making it hard to feel your bait and bites. If your not careful you can lose a lot of lure.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.