Bass Lake (West Branch FP) Lives up to its name - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2003, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bass Lake (West Branch FP) Lives up to its name

I finally had one of those days worth posting about. The LM were hitting my "Minus 1" like crazy. I even casted into a tree limb and got my lure back! Caught and released 13 two - three lb LM. Most caught close to shore, lure retrieved pretty fast. Traveled light and moved around. My first time at this preserve. (I'm usually out in the Cook County FP at Maple and Tampier.) I'm glad work brought me out of my usual area. :wink: Steve
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2003, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: west branch 4/24

I also fished on 4/24 at West branch forest preserve only I fished at Deep Quarry lake (just a couple hundred feet east of bass lake) and my day fishing couldn't have gone worse. I started fishing at 9:00 am and continued to 12:30. During that time I used plastic worms, pig and jig, jig and plastic grub, bettle spin and a rattle trap with no luck. Not even a bit. I walked the around the entire lake and casted about 200 times. I didn't even so a fish cought by anyone at Deep Quarry lake. The next time I'll go to West branch's bass lake.
whales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2003, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

bucketface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2003, 07:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

They are a couple miles east of Rt 59 on Army Trail Road.
Don't forget, there are topo maps on the Member Services page.
<----- The link is over there. ;-)
Old 04-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Bass

Jerkbait: I fished bass lake April 24th after work. I fished from about 5:00pm to about 8:00pm. I was using big golden roaches, but without any success. I also used plastic worms, and tube baits. I fished my ass off for 3 hours. Nada, zippo, skunned. You must have caught all the fish! Any locations you might recommend? I live close to the lake, so maybe I can meet you there one day.

Steve
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in