ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Goose Season

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Capt. John 
#1 ·
#3 ·
yea, right on spinner. all that setting up decoys and the first flock comes in within ten minutes and your hunt is over. I know its not all about shooting the birds.. but ONE goose is a little ridiclous :)3 anyone one who depends on these hunts will deffenitly be hurtin.

#6 ·
I agree, I would rather shoot all season. We are not really goose hunting hard the first 20 days or so anyway. Still plenty of deer and pheasant hunting to do and then get serious on the geese when the limit goes to 2. Our state might actually be doing something right.

#7 ·
I am not a goose hunter either but come on these lawn rats have grown way out of control around here. 1 a day all year and a 10 a day season in fall seems light to me. I see probably a thousand a day average of the bird flu poo foot things, that is far too many. I think golfers ought to be required to take one a round. This ain't humor folks its where I stand on geese...

#9 ·
I prefer the 90 day season even if you can only shoot 1 per day early on. The early part of the season is not that great anyway. You shoot at resident birds for a few days, they get realy wary and then become tough to shoot. The problem we have had was that just as the weather has been getting good and cold so that flight birds really started coming down, the season would end. Goose season for me is in late Novemeber after deer season, so I vote 90 day season!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.