lake marie-rudy's - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2004, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default lake marie-rudy's

Hi guy's;this has been on my mind for a while; i haven't fished marie in age's and i want to start; i have alot of great fishing memory's especally fishing at night. I use to rent a boat from a place called rudy's resort;i doubt the name is the same but was wondering if someone has the place and still renting boat's.It was right off lake marie thru a small channel and had slip's on both side's when you came in by boat.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to JDSPINNERS

I can remember the name Rudy's but don't remember the location. If you want to stay on Lake Marie, I would suggest Barnacle Bob's on the North end of the lake. He is located just south of rt173 about 1-2 miles west of rt 59. (watch for big sign on right side) I think the subdivision roads to reach the place is 3rd or 4th street south to the lake. They have small boat rentals, live bait, and a great greasy breakfast if your in to that sort of thing. As far a s I know He is closed til spring though.

847-395-2036 is the number
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2004, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rudy's was on 173 just west on Antioch. He's been gone awhile. Bob Lang took over his place but I think thats closed too, been awhile since I have been by there
McHenry Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2004, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default rudy's-lang's

Thank's guy's for the input. I'm remembering more...my dad would call to try reserve a boat and there was no answer for a while...When he finally got thru I can remember him saying they had changed hand's.

Eating breakfast at the grease spoon...
I miss that place and plan to go back to Marie this spring. Reminds me of a lot of things, especially my dad. Thanks again.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2018, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

hello! was searching on where my grandpa rudy's fishing resort was and stumbled upon this and wondering if you all may be talking about his! His name was obviously "Rudy" Palenik and my grandma Lou used to cook in the kitchen for all the fisherman. She is 93 now and my Grandpa Rudy has passed, he was an amazing man and this sure would be cool if after all these years people remember his little place. he adored it and ran it until they moved to florida. I always heard about the adventures my mom and her siblings had growing up there and my grandpas rudys doozies lures. if this is the resort that he owned and you have memories please share and any pics too!
sammieandfamily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Rudys

Was at Rudys with my dad a lot .
Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Rudy’s Resort & the Greasy Spoon

Back in the ‘60’s my day took me fishin’ almost every weekend. Rudy’s resort was his favorite place. I have fond memories of leaky row boats, sunburns, lots and lots of fish and fried hotdogs at the Grease Spoon. Rudy was always so kind to me, asking “Did you catch anything?” And serving me up “potato chips and pop” the minute I walked through the door. We often rented a fishing cabin. They were very primitive, even by standards of the day. My mom hated staying in them. There was no source of heat, and cold rainy weekends were unbearable. Good childhood memories! Thanks for walking with me down memory lane.
Billy Jean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in