The Spinner Report 5/20...... Walleye!!! (Pics) - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Spinner Report 5/20...... Walleye!!! (Pics)

Met up with Doug From the west suburbs this morning at the State Park around 7am. We had two missions to accomplish today. One was a good tour of the main Lakes and secondly, FISH!!! We fished Pistakee, Squaw Creek, Fox Lake, Lake Marie and Channel Lake before finishing on the river in search of some White Bass. The final count today was 28 (give or take) but the fish of the day came on a 1/32 jig and crawler combo. This baby fought well before giving in to the net.

She measured 25 1/2 inches. ( Don't worry Matt, It was caught by me and I don't count for the big fish award)

A total of six walleye were caught throughout the day. Two cigars and three 15-17 inchers.

All fish were released except two 'eye's (16 and 17) for dinner. Several drum were caught, one perch, one crappie, three large mouth, 6 white bass from the river and a few gills.

The white's came at the end of the day on the north river throwing white twister tails and silver Turbo Spinner Lites tipped with fatheads.

Couldn't Help but get a picture of this one as I was leaving the park. It's common to see deer in the early morning and right before dark along the roads in the park. Thought you deer hunters would like a shot at this one.

So another great day on the chain with good company, nice fish caught and great weather. Thank You Doug for making the trip up and spending the day on the spinner boat.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice job JD. Super walleye! Looks like they are starting to turn on!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nice catchin' guys! Very nice Eye there!
DH17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Excellent Eye!
Darth Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

JD, I saw that pic and was a little worried for a second!!!! Awesome fish gentlemen
FishinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice eye jd. Is that a piebald deer? It looks a little albinoish.
Choupiquer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Good looking eye JD with the water being up this year I'm sure we will be rewarded with alot more reports like that coming from the spinner boat this year!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nice job j.d also love to see pics of nature out there, keep them coming.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Guy's, I wish Doug would have caught it but anytime a fish that nice get's into the boat, It's exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinMatt
JD, I saw that pic and was a little worried for a second!!!! Awesome fish gentlemen
Nope Your safe with your 23 1/2 Matt. The month of May usually produces the biggest 'Eyes and I'm not booked for next weekend (except a day for my wife and I) so, although the season is young, your fish has a great chance to win the contest. I was chuckling when I measured it and thought you might cringe when you saw the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupiquer
Is that a piebald deer? It looks a little albinoish.
Not sure Chou, Don't know that much about deer to be honest, other than cooking and eating them. It did stand out amongst the group and was the biggest. I though it was just an older one. I bet Tubes would know.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

nice eyes, sounds like you had a good time out.
mrdonaghy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in