Fox Chain over the weekend - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fox Chain over the weekend

Got up to our trailer at about 10 friday after driving threw some pretty bad weather on 59. Tried throwing a rattle trap at nite seeing if i could attract any hungry fish. Little did i know that was gonna be the hot bait over the weekend. Woke up around 715 saturday morning throwing for muskies with no action at all so i then switch over to bass throwing that rattle trap. On the third cast after ripping it threw the weeds i had a nice 16-17 incher on shore. A few casts later i had a lil 10 incher nail it, landed it and threw it back in. I then moved over to to another dock and first cast i got a 14 incher that came underneath a boats drive. I then moved again and started throwing into the side channel between bluff and marie. After about 25 minutes of casting i hook into a behemonth(sp) of a fish. It threw some monster head shakes and then took off right at me i fought for a few more minutes but it got off, i was thinking it might of been that elusive muskie ive been busting my ass to catch. Well after that ordeal i went up to cj smiths to get some bait. I was then casting off another pier with that same rattle trap and i also had a slipbobber set up with a large roach set up, the bobber goes under and i set the hook and after a couple minutes that fish gets off as well but it was a decent sized catfish(slime up and down the line). After that we go out on our boat to go swim and dick around. We came back at about 430 and right away i started to fish again. Didn't get any more until 630 because a neighbor was throwing a big party. Every minute or so i checked to see if my roach was in the weeds or in a fishes mouth. I caught 2 that way 1 was probably 13-14 the other was probably 12-13 but both looked like they were eating pretty well. After that i was done fishing and decided to watch the band play and pig out on great food. Its amazing what alcohol can do to people. Went to bed at around 1.
Woke up at about 630 and started fishing for muskies for a little bit, gave up and went to bass. After not getting anything for 2 hours i guess they started biting again because i caught 2 in a matter of 10 minutes or so. Also lost another big fish because of that stupid baja. Around noon we went on another boat ride and didnt come back until probably about 6. Started casting with the trap again and on my first cast another nice bass must of hit on the fall while i was picking a backlash out and landed another 16-17 incher. About 5 minutes later i landed my smallest fish yet about a 10 incher.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to time808

man maybe i should get out again. i've gone twice in the last week and both times have been skunked. thanks for the report
time808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Heres some pics

Old 08-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Fish

Hey you need to come down by my spot Site 13 we,ve been getting fish on a regular basis. Bass Crappie Gills Big Cats Big Carp and bullheads. Al has the work barge right behind my trailer and we sit on it and cast out behind my boat and get a mix of fish every night. I'll be out again Friday night stop by and say hi.
Fish 81156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in