invaders or uninvited guests ?? - Page 3 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #21 (permalink)

Regardless of what the law is we have morale laws as people in general. This means respect other peoples property. This property was not respected the way it should have been. We do not live in a perfect so because of all the theft we have in this world now I beleive that justice needed to be done in this case. The justice that needed to be done was a good old fashoned beat down. This will insure that these types of things do not go overlooked. If I would have gotton arrested then so be it. Lesson learned on both our parts.
rummydummy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

I have to say that I am with rummy on this one! I guess I just can't wrap my mind around the opposing thoughts. We can use different analogies, like, a guy is sitting in your boat that is on your dock in the water. You don't own the water so is that ok? Heck no! Get out of my boat!! I mean I am the first person to help someone out if they need it, but for someone to just help themselves to my personal property and expect me to be ok with it is crazy! Is it ok for strangers to shoot hoops on my basketball rim on my house cause they don't have one? No! Well what makes this so different? Maybe this guy got cold? I have an idea...go sit in YOUR car and warm up! Now if the guy asked me first, it would be a different story. Just my 2 cents
doublwide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hey LOVE2FISH, I LIKE YOUR ANSWER THE BEST!!
FORESTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 02:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to aviomaster Send a message via AIM to aviomaster Send a message via MSN to aviomaster Send a message via Yahoo to aviomaster
Default hahaha

love2fish

--- THAT is only uninvited guest .... who might be welcomed in my shack ... hshahahahahahaha

Old 03-29-2008, 03:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Boyz.
I have a real issue with this situation. I am in Law Enforcement and understand the anger one feels when they are violated in this type of situation. If this was a home it would be considered a residential burglary even if nothing was taken and that is a class 1 Felony. I dont know the law regarding this situation but it sounds like criminal trespass at best. One thing not mentioned in the original post was whether this guy broke in or if the shanty was unlocked. Aside from the law portion of this situation, I feel that the individual was wrong in entering the shanty and flat out balsy. I would have been pissed at the arrogance of this person and agree that if it is to windy to go home or buy a portable shanty. I do believe the guy who posted this is too trusting by leaving his gear in the shanty. Personally I would have handled it in the same manner, tell the guy to get out and dont come back, no need to kick his ass. Any follow up lip and I knock him out !!! Ask yourself, would you enter another man's shanty without permission ??? I wouldn't.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

WOW. Was the guy wrong for fishing in your shack, yes, but on the other hand who knows what was going on in his life. He may be not so well off and not be able to afford one of these nice 300 dollar shanties that most of us have the ability to buy. It has already been said but if he was a thief he would have taken the gear and ran. Personally if it was my shack, i would have been suprised but he is a fellow outdoorsman and i would have invited him to stay and swap some fishing stories. There have been many times when i've been out on the lake and other fishermen have helped me out, so instead of being so closed minded and thinking about "punching the guys lights out," really are you going to beat a person up for trying to stay warm? Make the best out of every situation you are put in and instead of looking for the bad in everybody, step in their shoes, because when ur cold on the middle of an icy lake with 30 mph winds and below zero windchills, that shack is going to look pretty inviting.
rick1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in