Bad News On The Fox Chain (sort of) - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bad News On The Fox Chain (sort of)

Wasn't sure if The run off would still be seen .....started seeing it on sunday,with the temps and rain monday I half expected it to be washed away and not be able to show you guy's that it does occur every year....it was there only frozen in little pools near old holes....not trying to diminish what you found out or saw the clean up crews doing....just think they're unrelated....this pond is land locked some 60-70 miles south of the chain no where near the watershed...

even got that stuff stuck to the shaft of my tip-ups
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I do like to fish the chain, and these pics just reinforce the fact that I am happy NOT eating any fish out of there.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
just think they're unrelated....this pond is land locked some 60-70 miles south of the chain no where near the watershed...
he stated these pics were not the chain
jebo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 04:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hope your right Jim, I kinda wish I would've taken a water sample while I was there.

Although they said they would be finished today, they have actually put out more containment hoses (there were only 2 over the weekend) and now have a couple trailers and trucks parked at Pedersens Marina.

Here's some pic's from today.

Here's pic's from Monday where they were attempting to clean beyond the containment area in Sequoit creek indicating they were not successful in containing all the oil.

.... and an oil slick south of their containment point still showing oil flowing south. This picture was taken Monday 4 days after the spill.

Probably will never know if what I saw was simply dirty ice that many have stated or if some of it was actually from this spill. Which ever, it's what over the dam now.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in