The Spinner Report with Fishinmatt !! - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hey matt, that is a very nice fish. One of the nicer eyes that come out of the Chain
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Nice fish!
BMAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Would this be 2 years in a row that Matt has caught the biggest walleye out of your boat? I might have to rub your head for some good luck, going to Wisconsin walleye fishing in June. nice job
luv2fish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Very nice fish Matt. it was nice to finally put a face to the names. You and JD are two guys that have some real good info that I look forward to reading. After I saw you that second time I went back down south, and caught a bunch more. total for the day was 31 walleyes. biggest was 23", but not even close to that monster. Good Fishin' and I am sure I will see you guys around.
AquaPup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2fish2
Would this be 2 years in a row that Matt has caught the biggest walleye out of your boat? I might have to rub your head for some good luck, going to Wisconsin walleye fishing in June.
Matt had the biggest fish in 06 and comes out of the box this year with this baby, it will be hard to beat this year. When I get a new "spinner boat", Matt will be the first one on it just for the karma.

Thanks Guys for all the compliments but Matt deserves the credit for the right bait and presentation at the right time. This size walleye is common on the chain but very difficult to catch. This particular fish spent its early years being chased by predators, then surviving the grease from 14-18 inches. Due to excellent DNR regulations and people following the rules, this fish most likely was caught and released from 18-24 inches, has spent the last few years becoming a premier spawner and has successfully been released to be caught again. Bottom line is, this is a smart fish that has seen more jigs and crank baits than the average fisherman has. A fish of this size and age isn't fooled easily on the chain.

Great Job Matt !!!

Aqua, it was nice meeting you out there too. Sounds like you ended with a great day also. Good Job !!
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Great report! Nice to see a new round of spinner reports starting up

That walleye's a beauty....I'd be thrilled to catch that bad boy on any body of water!
WaterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

washhusky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #18 (permalink)

Aquapup, it was cool to finally meet you out there as well. You definitly have the fish dialed in. Those kind of numbers any day on the Chain are just incredible.

JD, your a humble guy, which I really think is a big reason you are so succesful and liked by so many. You put us on that fish. All I had to do was cast and retrieve. Being guided by a guy who studied the walleye movements for over 30 years on the Chain definitly skewed the odds in our favor.
FishinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Right on guys! Beautiful fish. JD, i LOVE your walleye seasoning on my pizza at Oak Park!
winnebasschamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Default Matt's being too humble

Having fished with Matt for a day on LaSalle, I came away impressed as ****!

He fishes like a tournament pro, never stops, knows his fish species, where they lurk, what to use for them.

Matt, my hat's off to you. You are one fishin fool!!

So, me thinks that walleye was no fluke. It was just lucky it was you that landed it and not someone else who would have eaten it or mounted it.

On the plus side the walleye can now go back and and brag, "DUDE! I got caught by FishinMatt!!!!

Keep doin' what yer doin', Matt

Merv
dncncwboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in