Emiquon 9/30/09 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Emiquon 9/30/09

Finally got my dad out on Emiquon. fished from 9:00 am till 6:00 pm. Lots and lots of bass. My dad is 83 yrs young and he said it was the best day he ever had fishing for bass. Most of the fish were fat 13" to 14" footballs with quite a few fifteens and we got several just at or just short of 16". Man those fish are really growing. The weeds are not as thick on the surface like they were just a few weeks ago Some are dying, some have been beat down by the wind / sinking. Surface / top water bite was not as awsome as last time. Only managed a 1/2 dozen on the frog but didn't stick with it for long Maybe a 1/2 hr. Spinner bait just over the weeds was killing them as was the weedles spoon my dad was using. ( my dad just love his Johnson Silver minnow ( nostalgic)- glad I got him some place he could catch fish with it :P Still caught lots of fish on various soft plastics. It was as fun teaching the "old man" how to fish with soft plastics - he's a silver minnow, mepps, rapala, jitterbug, bass-oreno kind of guy. Not near so may fish scattered on the flats. My dad got wore out casting, took us around 45 minutes to troll in at a quick pace - caught around 10 fish each just trolling in. Word must be getting out. The place was packed - at least a dozen other boats out there fishin the lake.
localyokal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the report. Kudos for getting your Dad in on the action. I had to do some research to even find out where that place was. Wish I had the setup for that. It would be a nice place to take a little road trip.
FishinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in