» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central / Southern Illinois (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   B-ing in the Fog-E. (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65628)

blufloyd 01-23-2010 04:07 PM

B-ing in the Fog-E.

Loaded up the Glide Lite and hit B last night paper thin papermouths almost as big as my big toe.

This am I decided to try the secret kayak crappie hole at E and stayed dry but that was it. Headed over to the far point at B, 25 holes one fat 10 incher and one fat 8 incher. So being rather depressed I looped E and decided to try the swimming hole cause if you fall through only cure is to try it again next year. I can wack greenies pretty good in this spot. Just have to get on the slope between 10 feet and 13 feet. 3 on one landed.

Been seeing lot of people in places I never saw people before too. Have to see about this rain event to figure next trip.

THinshaw 01-25-2010 05:17 AM

Blu,
Saw you in the swimming hole around 1:30 on Saturday when I was leaving the ice and heading home.

Because of the heavy rain forecast for the weekend, I took Friday off and fished by myself. Caught 87 crappies that were all 9.5 to just under 10" .... Went back to the same hole on Saturday with a buddy. The fish were a bit less aggressive but we managed to get 30 crappie that were cleaners and 1 white bass.

I saw the Six Mile was at the top of it's rim on Sunday - So I imagine the water is muddy and ice fishing will be TOUGH on E now.

blufloyd 01-25-2010 04:10 PM

Yep too much water and too much mud. These 45 mph winds are gonna stop me.

THinshaw 01-26-2010 05:31 AM

Blu, did you drill a whole yesterday and check the water or guessing that it is muddy ?

I am hoping that since the ground was frozen we didn't get much run-off and the lake will stay fairly clean.

blufloyd 01-26-2010 04:31 PM

Just drive by looked like 6 feet of water along shore at B and spillway was rocking.

THinshaw 01-27-2010 05:27 AM

Bloomington was muddy looking under the ice even before the rains hit last Saturday, so the fact that it looked muddy to you along the edge is no surprise.

I am going to try to get after work today to if nothing else, punch some holes just to check the water clarity ay E before settling on my fishing plans this weekend.

blufloyd 01-27-2010 04:40 PM

Where you accessing B ? I didn't see any big difference Sunday between them.

THinshaw 01-28-2010 05:39 AM

I fished Indian Point at B on Jan. 16th & 18th and then fished E on Jan. 19th & 23rd .... water clarity wasn't even close. B was way muddy compared to E.

A friend of mine made the same observation and was puzzled as to why B was so muddy.
Now this was before that big rain rolled through the night of the 23rd - so maybe they are both muddy now as you said you couldn't tell a difference on Sunday ... I assume that is Sunday the 24th ~ Thus after the rain.

blufloyd 01-28-2010 03:56 PM

Never heard of that location. I was out in front of Starkey.

THinshaw 01-29-2010 05:19 AM

Indian Point is a point just south of the old marina ... It has a HUGE house on it and at the end of point down near the water there is a life-sized sculpture of a dancing indian.

I will be fishing on E in the main lake basin - DEEP water is where the fish are at this time of year - on Sunday with a friend or maybe two.
We will have the grill rollin' with brats and venison backstraps. Should be a great day out on the ice.

Thad