Table Rock Lake - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Table Rock Lake

Anyone ever fish Table Rock? I will be heading there for the first time in a couple weeks. Does anyone have any tips/information on the bass fishing right now?
mdw92479 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I went there about 3 years ago. My resort/lodge was on Table Rock Lake. I just messed around catching gills and catfish, but I never really targeted anything. I was basically just using nightcrawlers. There are some nice bass on the lake, but...I just really got into bass fishing now. If I go back, it will be different. But, I did go trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo. I highly recommend going there. It's right by Table Rock. I suggest renting a pontoon and getting a guide your first time out. He'll show you the spots. There are PLENTY of nice trout to be caught. I remember there were like six of us and we limited out with 30 nice size trout (5 each) in only a few hours. It was some of the most fun I've ever had trout fishing. The Branson area is very nice. Here's a website with a fishing report for Table Rock Lake...

http://www.strikebass.com/report.htm
bassguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Long tapering points with nightcrawler around 30 feet. You will get cats and Bass. You might find a very early topwater bite in the Major coves. You can also run up the River and look for stained water and throw a crank or a jig. I would also fish for some of those hugh gills by the trees in 15 foot or so. There is also a great night bite in deep coves especially around the docks..I always like White branch in Kimberling along with some nice bluffs in the area.Any steep banks in any cove will have brush piles in them. You usually find 6/8 in a 100 yard stretch in about 12 feet of water. Just watch the banks where the night anglers are fishing.I would use 10/12inch worms on 15/20# test would be the ticket.
basscaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Sounds like some great information.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Got back from our trip to the Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock. I only fished 2 days and it was slow. I tried dropshots, carolina rigs, grubs, deep cranks, nightcrawlers, and tubes. I only caught 4 bass in the two days of fishing. I did not get a chance to get out at night. I fished aywhere from 60ft of water to 2 feet of water near main lake points. The guy at the marina told me the guides were takinig people out with nightcrawlers in 30ft of water and deeper. That did not work for me. I still had a good time. I pulled up on a spot that I saw a bunch of fish jumping. I figured they were striper because it was still early in the morning. I got up on the front deck of the boat and saw thousands of gar. I fugured I could have some fun with them so I threw a variety of baits at them. They woud not bite as well. It was, however, a pretty amazing scene. I think if I go down there again it will be late fall or early spring. The lodge was awsome. I will definitly stay at the Big Cedar again.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have fished here twice and have not had much luck. It is a really tough body of water to fish, especially this time of year. I would definitely recommend getting a guide.
dacas1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default table rock

I have fished table rock on 6 different occasions all in the middle of the summer. Even though this wasent the best time of year to fish probbly the worst we always managed fish. I always caught them in deep water 30 feet or more. Big bluegils and decent bass. The spots that seemed the most productave were points of coves that had a significant drop off with stumps. I heard the fishing is really good in late sept through late oct.
tbruns5649 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Table Rock is a deep fish lake. From time to time right before spawn, fish can be caught shallow in the back of smaller creeks.
The LMBV hurt this lake a bit....it used to be super back in the early 90's and lately though all the bass are deeper.
AAAV8OR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

me and my buddies fished our annual trip there about 5 years ago and stayed at big cedar lodge also. I think the hybrid bass are in the most numbers, with some nice blue gills and also crappies. The crappies where at the brush piles in 5-10 feet of water. when we fished for bass, we went as deep as 70-80 feet, using nightcrawlers on a plain old hook. we also got decent action in the coves early morning on the topwater lures. from everyone we talked to, may seems to be the best time for fishing down there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in