St. Joe River, Michigan... - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2002, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone been fishing the St. Joe? How's the steelhead action? Last I heard the river was way down, how's the level nowadays? Any walleye's being caught?
pikeslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2002, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Went on St. Joe way back in July launched at favorite spot right under highway.As far as fishing goes second best outimg there to date four smalmouths with two largest at 13and 15 inches but talk about LOW!!Heading west toward lake was fine but fishing not too great,but heading east past hwy 31 bridge verylow nede to stay to the south side of river evan then was hung up on sand bar one footdeep and had to jump out of boat and shove off.once I got to dep area at the ox-bow before the island is where I caught the larger smallmouth(my favorite spot)Didn't go back since due to lack of rain and stress of that outing!
RiverRuffle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2002, 07:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry for taking so long to respond. We were out the day after Thanksgiving above the Berrien Springs Dam. We fished for eyes by the old bridge supports. Only got one, about 11 inches (D'oh!), but we did pick up 10-15 smallies over the busted support with the two biggest pushing 3#. We moved to the highway bridge, which is usually good for a few fish, but got none. It was very windy, but teh temps were bearable, I'd say just above freezing with the wind chill. We saw two dead kings and a jumbo Steelie by the rocks close to the launch. It was a pretty fun day, as are most on the St. Joe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in