Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Asian Carp????
» CLF Sponsors
Thread: Asian Carp????
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
RiverRat101189

Tony the asian carp dont bite on anything they are "Filter Feeders" which means they only feed on algea and such microorganisms in the river o yeah and also fish eggs which why they are such a horrible fish to have in a river/lake or anywhere besides a production outfit to raise them for food and also if you snag these fish which is the only way I have heard of people catching them there is a season im not sure when it is but check the reg book before doing so and there is also a feet limit where you have to be so close to a dam to snag.....this seems really dumb to me because arent we supposed to be getting rid of these carp and not trying to help them survive I just don't understand it and if you plan on going to starved rock and doing this make sure you follow all the regs because it is the CPO's most effective way of handing out tickets for this and the fish that you snag and maybe take home has to be dead it cannot be alive if I am wrong on any of these let me know but I think I covered most of it
RiverRat101189 is offline   Reply With Quote