Sound Off Board, Not Political Sound Off - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayphish
i dont get why political discussions are taboo here. i realize they can turn ugly quickly, but thats the nature of the game. these things NEED to be discussed.
crayfish: This is a fishing site, Political discussions can be found on other sites. I am sure if you look hard enough you will find some sites that deal with politics.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2006, 01:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

yes i understand all of that. but as a group of people that have a shared interest i just think people should be able to converse about the people that have control of said interests. thats fine its your site, just a thought.
crayphish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2006, 07:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Crayfish, I actually miss the political board but I'm probably one of the reasons it's gone.

There was such a division on so many issues and it became extremely difficult to remain civil. There were people that would post and become very friendly about fishing related topic's only to have their forum relationship turn ugly with the addition of politic's. Ultimatly I think it is better that it is gone. I think CLF is being pretty open minded with allowing some discussion about major current political events as long as they remain on the up and up, but most of the time someone somewhere still ends up posting over the edge requiring a lock. With all due repect to all political opinions, it's just too difficult on the Mod's to keep track, babysit if you will.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2006, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chuck
Default Political site

JD; I couldn't have said it better.
Crayfish: I guess it is OK to express your pro's and con about some politican if it pertains to fishing or some related part of the river system, etc. This can be done on the Discussion site.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2006, 08:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

With all the up and coming elections I thought I would remind everyone that:

Quote:
This forum is NOT The Political Sound Off Board.
If your post is politicaly motivated, don't post it. It will be removed.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

No, Thank You
Old 10-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W
With all the up and coming elections I thought I would remind everyone that:

Quote:
This forum is NOT The Political Sound Off Board.
If your post is politicaly motivated, don't post it. It will be removed.
Thanks
Bob, if thats the case, why are the Hillary jokes allowed to stay?
Gills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default 2 cents

I am a member of another outdorsman site where the sound off / political forum is the absolutely phenamenol. To get the opinions on politics as well as what else ails you from people with like interests in the outdoors is something this site is missing out on. On here we write about what line we use, what hats we wear, what time we get up to go fishing, but we can't discuss other important aspects of our lives here. We are missing out. Now with that said, I bet the mods are saying let HIM regulate it. I don't blame you. I do not know what it entails.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Administrator

I for one am not missing out on a single thing, I watch the news, read the newspaper and draw my own political opinion. Notice I used the word opinion, now go to the old political sound off board and start reading. It is filled with everyone’s opinion, there’s that word again, opinion’s, not facts but opinion’s that each and everyone believes very strongly that theirs is the correct one and will do everything in their power to make you except it as fact. Well, for example say, "I for one am not foolish enough to except someone’s opinion as fact", for that, the person would be subject to extreme criticism, would be told that their political views are worthless, that their ugly and everyone that looks like them is ugly too.
All because they stated their opinion.
Face it, people do not like other people’s opinions, they don’t like to hear them or read them.
I for one hate to log on and have to go to the political sound off board and remove 50 posts all about people’s opposition to other people’s opinions, it just gets reticules.

So the best advice I can give you is go to that other site and read until your hearts content, because as long as we do not have a political sound off board, my hearts content.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

I for one would have no problem with people discussing political topics.
I find it interesting and have strong views myself.
The problem lies with people not discussing topics.
That stems from strong political feelings that most have.
It's doubtful you would change anyone's mind with a political post here on CLF.
I have strong religious beliefs too, should we have a religeon forum also?
Maybe, because I am definitely right in that arena and you are all wrong.
Hmm, maybe I should shut CLF down on Sunday mornings since we should all be in church.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in