Work vs. Prison - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to earthboy2000 Send a message via MSN to earthboy2000 Send a message via Yahoo to earthboy2000
Default Work vs. Prison

Life in prison versus a full time job

In prison they spend the majority of their time in a 8' x 10'cell. At work, I spend most of my time in a 6' x 8' pod.

In prison they get three meals a day. At work I only get a break for one meal and I have to pay for that one.

In prison you get time off for good behavior. At work I get rewarded for good behavior with more work.

At work I must wear an ID badge at all times. In prison they provide you with clothing with the ID conveniently sewn onto the clothes.

At work there is a dress standard but I must buy my own clothes. In prison there is a dress standard, but they supply the clothes.

At work I must carry around a security card and unlock and open all the doors myself. In prison a guard locks and unlocks all the doors for me.

In prison they can watch TV and play games. At work I can get fired for watching TV and playing games.

In prison they will pay my way through school to learn a new career and give me time to do it. At work they will pay for my education but I must do it on my own time.

In prison they have exercise rooms that they allow you to use almost whenever you want. At work we have an exercise room that you can use but it must be on your time.

In prison I can fall asleep on the job and no serious consequences comes from my actions. At work if I fall asleep on the job I get put on the next RIF list.

In prison they ball and chain you when you go somewhere. At work you are just ball and chained.

In prison you have full medical coverage with no deductibles. At work, you get partial coverage and pay all the deductibles.

In prison all expenses are paid by the tax payer, with no work on their part. At work, you get to pay all the expenses to go to work, and then deduct the taxes from your salary to pay for the prisoners.
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2006, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

You forgot one... In prison you get all the sex you can handle. At work you just get Screwed.
Ed_r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

That is the one thing that keeps me out of prison.
At least you don't share the 6X8 pod with a guy named bubba who likes to likes Abba.

Smelt
smeltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey, three hots and a cot is better than three hots in the same cot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in