Cracks in the bucket - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cracks in the bucket

I like to check-out the DNR Division Of Law Enforcement
CPO Activity reports.

Here are a few prime buckethead busts:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPOs set up surveillance on a group of men from Joliet using a cast net to illegally net fish from the Kankakee River near DesPlaines CA. In all, 5 men were arrested for the unlawful taking of catfish and roughfish.

A CPO cited a fisherman at Sand Pond for failure to immediately release a 4 inch Largemouth Bass where a 15 inch minimum length applies.

A CPO cited a fisherman at the McHenry Dam Fox River for failure to release a 10 1/2 and 7 1/2 Largemouth Bass where a minimum 14 inch length applies.

A CPO encountered two fishermen on the Fox River in the Chain O' Lakes State Park while taking a work boat up to the Wisconsin border. He observed the fishermen had a six pack of beer bottles and reminded them to remove their trash when they left. An hour later after passing back by the subjects, he discovered one of their bottles floating in the river. After returning to the location, he discovered the two fishermen had thrown all of the bottles in the woods and the river. They each received citations for pollution of the waterways and littering in the State park. One of the fishermen, an illegal alien, provided false information and was arrested for attempting to obstruct a peace officer and fishing without a non-resident fishing license. He was transported to the Lake County Jail.

A CPO cited a fisherman on the Fox River for failure to immediately release a 12 inch Walleye where a minimum 14 inch length limit applies.

A CPO cited a fisherman on the Fox River for failure to immediately release an 8 1/2 inch Largemouth Bass where a 14 inch minimum length applies.

A CPO cited a fisherman at a Lake County Forest Preserve for failure to immediately release a 21 inch Northern Pike where a minimum 24 inch length limit applies.

A CPO cited a fisherman on the Fox River for failure to immediately release a 12 inch Walleye where a minimum 14 inch length limit applies.

A District 1 CPO was checking fishermen along the Rock River and found a subject to be fishing without a license and in possession of a short smallmouth bass.

A District 1 CPO observed a couple fishing along the Rock River and a check revealed they did not have a fishing license. After being issued citations, the couple was observed the following day fishing and when approached, the female put her pole down and attempted to say she was not fishing. The female subject did not have a license yet and was issued a citation, the male subject had bought his license after receiving the citation the day before.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just a sampling of what I call the bucketheads.
There are a lot of OUI and other dumbass boating/PWC arrests/citations,
and an array of traffic and drug arrests, warrant arrests...etc.

It makes me wonder where the revenue from fines goes (Gen. Fund?)

These guys (and at least one gal) are busy out there, and are understaffed/underfunded.
I think they deserve some recognition, and always our support and cooperation.

Sometimes it takes a while for their reports to get processed and published. They just recently put up the reports for August and September of this year, here:

http://dnr.state.il.us/law3/report/index.htm
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Interesting and amusing reading.I'll have to bookmark that one.
Bossofbeefbowl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

It goes to show that people are still out there trying to do their jobs.
FishinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Glad to see fox reports
Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Love it. Just reading about all the tickets issued makes a great read. I for one hunting & fishing for many years & have witnesed many violations, gets me to smile everytime I see tickets issued in person. Last time was up in Kenosha & saw a number of tickets issued as people pulled their boats out & were under the watchfull eye of the DNR. All made simple mistakes & just took things for granted.

Like expired equipment for 1, & 2 for NO LICENSE (stamps).

If I had to pay $ 60.00 for a out of state license so does evryone else, 1 guy was surprised to be checked during a weekday, expecting not to be checked. Had 4 tickets issued
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is great reading.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Aw, now I'm going to be in a good mood for the rest of the evening.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've always wondered where to really draw the line between offering to educate others when they might not take it upon themselves to learn all the rules, or turn them in with a phone call?

I know there are some who just by the actions are intentionally breaking the rules, but there are also many who feel they know the rules, but really don't.

Some of these are just amazing to read though. Some real dummies that's for sure.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPO Activity report
A CPO cited a fisherman at Sand Pond for failure to immediately release a 4 inch Largemouth Bass where a 15 inch minimum length applies.

Thats about enough fillet for 1 cracker.. What a dousch!
EYE for an EYE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mmmmmmmmm! Veal large mouth!
Choupiquer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in