September Harbor Fishing - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default September Harbor Fishing

Hi Everyone,

I grew up fishing in ponds/lakes in the suburbs for large and small-mouth, and as I now live in the city, I have started trying to fish the harbors (Belmont, Diversey, Montrose). I know it is getting late in the season but I feel like there should still be some bass activity which I have seen none of. Does anyone have any advice on what rigs work well in the harbors or really any tips for me? My pond knowledge does not seem to work well in the big pond. I have been casting cranks and senkos.

Thank you for the help ahead of time,

Jordan
frito16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to PeterB

-

Hey Jordan, welcome. Good to have you with CLF. Coolest, easiest going fishing site around brotha.
We don't get our panties bunched up by saying panties like other local imitating sites do

Cast a grub and swim it back very slowly on a 1/8th Oz long shank Jighead with 30" Flouro leader on 6lb braid diameter. Cast it as far as you can diagonally and swim it back very slowly near the bottom. Try south of McCormik & 31st St. Harbor areas.

You'd be surprised at what you hook. Release'm all, pick up trash and be safe and don't post about your success down there.
Internet can destroy a fishery even one as big as the little pond...

Good luck mo. PeterB
Old 10-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Thanks

Thank you for the tips. Ill give it a shot!
frito16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Got out last weekend for a couple hours. Was just looking to get a line in the water, and see what I could pull up, nothing fancy. Used red worms to catch baitfish to use for bigger fish.

All I caught were gobies, dozens of them. Putting those on the hook caught Perch that looked like they could hardly get the baitfish into their mouths. Surprisingly it was just perch, no bass and no salmonids.

habeebtc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in