Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Montrose - 12/6
» CLF Sponsors
Thread: Montrose - 12/6
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
ChiGuy

Default Montrose - 12/6

Had a couple of hours this afternoon (1:30 start) and some still-living minnows, waxies and spikes left over from Sunday so I figured, what the heck. Had only one tap at about 3:15, which I missed , and then called it a day about 20 min. later.

Info for anyone heading there the next couple of days: bring your dock pass and your ice gear because the harbor is almost completely iced-over now. It looked like the gentlemen on Dock D were doing some business, unless those were empties the one guy was bringing back in the plastic bag and not fish .

Now to slip out of these frozen fingers and into a dry martini or seven. Just kidding about the fingers--when the vinyl bait gloves weren't cutting it, I'd just slip my hands into my elk skin mitts with Thinsulate. Made in Montana for Montana winters--like little ovens I tell ya. Most of the time they're too warm for Chicago. Kinda hard to reel with 'em, though.
ChiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote