Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - grass lake carp
» CLF Sponsors
Thread: grass lake carp
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
CARPSLAYER

There can be a number of reasons why. What kind of arrows are you shooting? They might need to be tuned for that particular bow. Are you shooting bare handed or with gloves or tab? Bare hands with barracuda since it such a short bow could be making you torque the string. Can you tell if you are missing left or right or up or down? I remember the first night I went out. I must have shot a hundred times or more at fish that were surfacing over at lasalle. My wife at the time thought I was just that bad. The next nioght I shot everything I shot at. The best thing you can do is take a nerf football or a 2 liter bottle and tie it to a rock or weight and put it a couple of feet from shore. Shoot at it from different angles and depths and learn what works for you. I usually shoot at plants in the water to see if I am on or not.

Team Piece of Carp
Team Bowlite Pro Staff
CARPSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote