Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Public Duck Hunting grounds
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mother

I am pretty sure that most drawings are done in July. Blind plans must be submitted and approved befor being built. Unless you know someone with a blind it may be kinda tough to get on the public water. The DNR has a list of public hunting grounds listed by zone. Most of the public waterfowl hunting is by blind drawings, again done in July, for either one or two years.

There are some clubs to join. It may not be to late to get in on one of them for the year. 4th lake has one, you need your own boat.
There are some rivers that you can launch and hunt on without a dedicated blind but you are gonna need permission to set up on shore or a boat and blind.

I think that some of us waterfowlers here on CLF need to get together next year and put in for a draw and build a blind. I don't mind driving for good hunting. I have a small boat and motor just good enough for one or two guys, gear, and dog(s).