Bass and Gill membership / RETRACTED AS NOTED - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bass and Gill membership / RETRACTED AS NOTED

Avoid the 2 year plus waiting list to get into Bass and Gill fishing and duck hunting Club... 7 or 8 well stocked ex-quarry lakes on 400 acres, reservable duck blinds for hunters, unlimited camping(up to 3 months at a time in 1 spot) and lots of picnic and playground area... Great for kids(fishing success almost guaranteed) and a quiet place for a quick get-away... Located just 2 minutes West of the I-55 / Rt. 126 exit at 143rd street in (old) Plainfield... There are only 400 owner memberships for the 400 acres(you do the math)... Dues are paid until February and the club never closes... Ice fishing is excellent... You are allowed to keep a non-trailer boat on the grounds year round, and your trailer boat from April to October(hint)... No gas motors, but they can be on the boat and tilted up... PM for more info... Serious inquiries will get a tour of the club... I don't use it enough to justify keeping it anymore... I'm not in any hurry to sell because it's a land investment, but if you can use a place like this, I have one....
http://www.bassandgillclub.com/BassAndG ... c.php?t=17
Yearly dues are $175.00 and you are required to do a 1 day per year club maintenence(work day)...
Club price is $2500... I'm asking for a $500 premium(cheap) to make it $3000...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fSwzRzKGg
ja-knee-sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Bass and gill

If my family buys this membership from you, is there any way the owners/ association can revoke my membership for any reason. Example the bill family only came 3 times last year. What Im getting at is alot of the clunbs in this area coal city, south willy have been family willed. Although I obey all rules and dont mind doing the once a year work day I want to make sure that john does cousin wants a membership so yours will just have to go. Also what are the guest rules I know south will only allows 18 guests a year. Thats not much considering my fishing buddy is not even related to me.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

You will be a 1/400th owner of the property... The only way you can be booted is through non-payment of dues/fines etc, or gross negligence... At no time is your $2500 club fee non-refundable...
Friends are allowed entry for a fee of $5 per day per person, but all immediate family members you list on your application are allowed access anytime... That's why a single guy like me gets hosed, while some hillbilly with 11 kids gets over... That's another reason I want to get out... I only used it twice in 2006 (1 work day and 1 time with Ed) and 1 time in 2005... I could buy a lot of Harley Chrome and Omaha Steaks for $2500

Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

i would like to purchase this if it is still available
thanks
JOHN34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Don't know if JKS sold his membership yet...

I was at the B&G club this afternoon with my Son {11 yrs old}.
We caught a total of 12 Bass today on Strike Lake with 2 over 4 lb's and 1 that was an honest 5 lbs .

Most of the larger fish {5} were caught on minnows {extra large fatheads} but the 5 pounder was caught on a Texas Rigged Senko, and she leaped out of the water 3 times on her way to the boat. Pre rigged rubber worms caught the rest of the fish.
To be honest, I was teaching my Son some techniques today... but if I was by myself I could have doubled the numbers of Bass.
Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 05:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

I was wondering, too. What's the word JKS? I've never even seen the place, let alone fished it. I have a difficult time spending 3 grand right now, but if the place checked out, well, maybe.....

JKS replied to my PM awhile back with some good information, thanks. The aerial view of the club was kinda cool, but also made it look a bit ugly. Anyone have any ground level pics they can post?

Bill
fish56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry for the missing info... Yes, I still have it

Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Since there has been less than stellar interest in the club, AND I just read somewhere that Plainfield is the #1 fastest growing city in Illinois, I'll hold it to see if property values go Up Up Up...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

I believe the membership price was $1000 about 5/6 years ago. So it is going up.Wise move !
basscaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in