Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - My neighbor shot my Lab!
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
hawkguy

Default My neighbor shot my Lab!

My daughter let my lab out this morning before school to run around our 3 acres instead he went down the street to a neighbor ( I followed the fresh tracks in the snow to and from) and while in the front yard he was shot in the right shoulder with what the vet says looks like a .22. ( slug is still in between muscle and skin)
Good news dog will be fine, out for the season I'm sure.
Will County Sheriff took a complaint but cannot do anything else,
Animal control says "legally" if my dog was menacing or endangering his animals on his property the land owner could shoot him. HE'S A LAB!

there was no other tracks in the yard as a matter of fact right where he was shot it looked like he was peeing on a bush.
I understand my dog should stay in my yard yadda yadda yadda
but he's a dog ( very gentle Lab) what happened to calling your neighbor and saying hey your dog is in my yard! never have I ever had that call or complaint.
So he's my question what would you do? to a freakin hillbilly in a rented trailer that shot your best friend?
PM me or [email protected]
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote