Chicago Sports Show - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Chicago Sports Show

http://chicagosportshow.com/inside.html

What about this? Now @ the race track. IDK how its going to do this late in the year. Ice is off the lakes. Weather starting to get decent. Can't see there being a big turn out unless maybe if it's a crappy weekend, weather wise.....
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow! It was like a ghost town there today. Got 2 see 2 good seminars though. I think it's just too late in the year for a fishing show in this neck of the woods. I'd be surprised if it's back next year....
Old 03-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think 2 "major" fishing shows is too much. The internet has killed the fishing show industry.

I prefer to Die on my feet than Live on my knees

Quote:
2sac is not bassalarro material.
2sac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

A guy in our fishing club had a booth there. He was being polite, when he said "attendance was a bit off".
Old 03-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Fishing shows drew relatively little business for my shop. Their importance from a business standpoint indeed went away for most businesses when this internet thing came along. Unless your business sells a hot product at the shows. Usually at minimal profit margins (unless your business happens to be pickles on a stick!) I did the shows more to get out of the shop and socialize than anything. And yes, from a potential customer standpoint it's far too late to make any sense whatsoever imo. Many folks go because it's something to do in the dead of winter. Weather drives the numbers in the dead of winter. Too much snow and numbers go down. Nice weather and the shows are packed. Interestingly, as the weather gets better now those numbers reverse b/c now potential customers have plenty to do. And many resorts are getting ready for their seasons now too and most are burned-out from doing too many sports shows anyway! The cost is another reason. From both vendors and those visiting the shows. That's why the Tinley Show is one of the best b/c they run a great show and Rich understands the low cost keeps the gyms full. I think I paid less than a $100 bucks for the Tinley Show for a weekend. By comparison the Schaumburg show ran me over $1100 bucks for a booth for four days. Four days sucks for the vendors and I wouldn't want to do that show again for 1/3rd that price! SO, in order to sell booths they have to start letting in the Shoe Gel Insert booths and other crap (supposedly for those uninterested in fishing and hunting). Further diminishing the overall quality of the show. Repeating the recipe that the Rosemont Show did the last decade or two!
FishArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

i noticed that trend this year. More hucksters than previous years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in