Headin' to Branson - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Headin' to Branson

Well, I was a little off in planning a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks as there wasn't much for my wife and 4 month old daughter to do while me and the boys would be fishing. Kasting Kenny will miss out on this trip as someone has to stay back and keep the highways of Illinois safe during spring break... After some discussion, we have now decided to go to Branson. There is more to do there and shops for her and our daughter to peruse while we knock down some monster bass and crappie. From what I have been able to get from the web, it should be in the 50's to 60's in mid March which isn't too bad. Don't know if anyone has been down there fishing or vacationing but any recommendations would be appreciated.
Worm drowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default branson

worm drowner, table rock is one of my favorite lakes! 800+ miles
of shoreline and tons-o-bass! we found branson too busy and crowded, so
we stayed in Kimberling city which i think is about 15 miles w/of branson,
and right on the lake, but i too have had to 'work out' arangements
so the little lady and kiddies can be entertained while you go drowning
worms, so if thats the case branson will be better for <her>.

as for the fishing, been there in both may and september..awsome!
should you find schools of shad and bass busting through them,
try a 4" super salt clear w/chartouse tail i think it was Kaylens?
anyway the deal is the bass are gorging on shad (when available) then
go to the bottom say 35' or less and digest the shad, you have to drop the clear/salty worm right on there noses and they will suck it in, here
is the tricky part..you have to wait till your line slowly pulls your rod
to the gunal, then set the hook!! we have had them run to the surface
faster then we could crank!! these bass are like footballs and will puke
half digested shad all over your boat...but the mess is worth it!!

remember it drops to 250' deep about 100' from shore.
good fishing
trackerfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2003, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Pukin' bass

I have had catfish dump on me before, so why not have a bass upchuck on me. I'm taking my Pro-Deep 16 with, so we should have some fun while we're out there. Any suggestions for sightseeing or restaurants?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Branson is like las vegas with a "twang"... no problem finding anyplace to go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fSwzRzKGg
ja-knee-sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2003, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default maps

Any suggestions on where to get maps of the lake or potential hot spots? One resort on-line offered a fishing map if you stayed at their place. I haven't had any luck searching on-line...yet. My boys follow the sport of catchin' more so than fishin'. Me, I'm just happy to get away for awhile and feed the fish.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default branson

i found a couple of things that may be useful, bransontourisimcenter.com,
they are suposed to have info and discounts and for free, for fishing
info try Table Rock Tackle, kimberling city, 417-739-4541.
check them out and see if they offer any help.

trackerfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2003, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gus

Didn't grandpa simpson and bart go looking for grandpa's girl friend in Branson?
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2003, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Are you staying on Table Rock? I never made it out of the bay the resort was in, I had too much fun pulling 6-7# hawgs from shore, in the space between the big docks and shore on big 8" plastic worms. Also, dont forget Tannycomo, with its football sized rainbows and browns. last time I was there, there were several 30# browns taken!
fishstalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2003, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Such a hugh question seeing that Table Rock is about 70+ miles long.I would stay in Aunts creek in Kimberling City if you wanted to Fish but that is 15 miles from Branson. I would probably get the Table Rock book from a major show this Janurary and check out all the locations of resorts. You might be able to get one from Kimerbling City Chamber of Commerce.-Fishing will be OK but you are coming very early(mid April to Mid June-Prime time)>I would do a day of float fishing on Tanneycomo for trout with your boat> you drift about 2 mph and use salmon eggs or power bait and you should be able to get 20+ fish.(Copper creek to fall creek) maps at Branson Trout dock(free) next to the ramp. If you want to drive Roaring River state park has about 20+ waterfalls with pools of trout but this is on the far west side of Table Rock> go here in the morning and hit Eureka Springs(GREAT tOWN on the way back). Bridges always hold fish for the kids(small bass and large gills). I would probably stick with a wiggle wart v-38 or phantom craw. I have a few boxes of the V-38 if you cannot find them(discountined). I also would use a Zoom fishdoctor with a VMC 1/0 or 2/0 Model 7313. with a carolina rig/ with a mojo weight... watermelon or green pumpkin on steep banks(45 degree angles and ones with large crunky rock. Maps you can get a Table Rock (EAST) map at any tackle shop around here. There is also a corp map from little Rock office that is 50 big sheets(great detail) for about $10 if you can find it.Tomorrow I will help you out with attractions and great eats. Roy
basscaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sorry for posting so late, but I just found this thread. I have been their several times and would recommend trying Mill Creek. It is not far from Kimberling City, and is a large area full of bluffs and trees to fish. I believe their is a ramp their as well. I have one of the fishing hotspots maps of this lake, which marks all of the ramps. Please remember that while their are many trees on this lake above water, their are many underwater as well. Also, many bluffs and ridges are underwater. You can lose a prop or outdrive if you get too careless. Good luck!
John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in