great sale at gander mountain - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default great sale at gander mountain

they have a couple 5" senko colors for $3.97 a bag, ika's (also made by yamamoto) $4.97 a bag, both $2 off, also they have a couple kinami colors ( same company as yamamoto) on sale. i cleaned them out pretty good but they still have some left. also, all lucky craft baits $2 off.
jraap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2003, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Great Sale At Gander Mountain

Has anyone ever looked at Gander Mountains Website? It is pathetic.

You can't find anything on it. No pricing, no products. Nothing. I don't live far from the store in Wilmot, but I just stopped going, and always go to Bass Pro in Gurnee.

They have an excellent website. You can find most everything. Their store is far superior to Gander Mountain. It looks to me like Gander is trying to hide the prices on the products, and get you to come in the store.

I find it much easier to go to the Bass Pro website, look up the item I'm interested in, get the price right then and there, and if that's acceptable to me, go get it.

Gander Mountain, wakeup!!!!!!

Flyfisher
Flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2003, 04:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Flyfisher, Just because a web page doesn`t show you prices doesn`t mean that the store is bad. Do you know what it takes to put a web site together? EVERY SINGLE ITEM has to be photographed. Are you up to that job? Yes, gander doesn`t have that great of a web site but they do have great sales. Don`t put all your eggs in one basket, bass pro is only one store of thousands, they just happen to be close enough for you. Search the web and do your research and you will find better deals than bass pro. Fish On
bhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2003, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Walmart and Super Walmart usually have great prices also. They have lots of boat stuff also. I could have saved 12 bucks on a trolling motor prop if I bought at Walmart last summer.
Rangerdeepv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2003, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Gander mt

Have you guys tried the new Gander Mt, in St charles, its a pretty neat store.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

A few years ago BPS bought the rights to Gander Mountains catalog there was also a non-compete clause for internet commerce included in the deal. You just have to wait it out for Gander Mountain's web site. At least that's how it was explained to me when I asked them.
Illiinois Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2003, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

where is the gander mountain at in st charles?
danp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2003, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey Dan....it's south of rte. 38 on Randall Rd.
1moreCast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2003, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

it's in geneva
jraap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2003, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default great sale at gander mountain

To Bhorn:

Don't take my remarks about Gander Mountain so personal.

1. Yes I know what it takes to put a Website together. I have been a graphic designer for years.

2. Yes I know you have to photograph things.

3. I never said they had a bad store. I simply stated, overall, Bass Pro's store is far superior to Gander Mountain. They have a larger selection. It is displayed much better. They have their reward card program, which I personally have taken advantage of on many occasions. The prices are better. The staff is more knowledgable.

4. I do realize there are thousands of stores, however, overall, you will consistently find good deals at Bass Pro, unlike the occasional deal at Gander Mountain, and other assorted stores.

I don't work for Bass Pro, and have nothing to gain by promoting them. I was merely responding to the post about a great deal on some plastic worms at Gander. If you went to Bass Pro, you'll find they have a larger selection of plastics, lures, rods, reels, and on and on.

Perhaps you should do your homework! I did mine. Until someone comes along with a better selection, I'll stick with Bass Pro.

Flyfisher
Flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in