Thank You MrBass - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2003, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thank You MrBass

Just wanted to share with everyone what kind of people are on this board. I had the chance to hunt pheasants with Rookie and MrBass a couple of weeks ago and during that hunt, MrBass invited me to come hunt his "honey hole" for deer. I've had people make offers before, but honestly, most of the time nothing ever comes of it. Not this time! MrBass told me to just give him a call if I wanted to hunt, but before I even got the chance, he calls me and asks if I still want to come. What was amazing was that not only did he invite me to a virtual deer paradise, he had to work today and couldn't even hunt himself. Instead he gets up at 5 am, takes me to his woods and guides me right into his own stand! I saw 6 deer during the morning hunt which made for a beautiful morning, albeit a cold one. At 10 am I come out and get taken on a tour of the property and he apologizes for me not getting a shot! In this day and age when prime hunting spots are guarded like Fort Knox, MrBass generosity was stunnning to say the least! Thank you for a great hunt!!!
Tubes77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2003, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

Kudos MrBass
Old 12-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice to hear the site is getting used for what it's designed for. Hunters sharing advice and helping one another. I also have a similar story. I scouted the Des Plaines con area and wound up not being able to hunt there this year. Didn't even think I was going to get into a stand. So I posted if anyone knew of private land available. Hopes were very low and then I get a response from capt jim. Make a long story short he tells me I can hunt with him for the rest of the year. Last week I couldn't make our usuall sat morning hunt and he let me hunt his land without him being there. This is a great site and so are most of the people on it.
kingcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2003, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Your welcome Tubes. BTW, while I was making my rounds yesterday I did drive by a few spots where the bow hunters park their vehicles on other propertys to hunt and I have to say that you were the only one that had the stones to sit in a stand in 15 degree weather. I still dont know if you love hunting that much or your just insane..Either way it's a good thing.
MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2003, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

As I'm a good friend of MrBass, I can attest he is indeed a true sportsman in every sense of the word.
I'll never forget the first time he took me to one of his favorite Bass haunts and not only had me rigged up properly, but had me catching Bass within minutes. I still learn something new everytime out with Steve.
Looking forward to another great year "on the water".

Mike Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2003, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I still dont know if you love hunting that much or your just insane..
Both!

Thanks again!
Tubes77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in