Maple and Tampier - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2003, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Maple and Tampier

Started out at Maple, off the 95th street parking lot, and the ice is only 1-2 inches thick. Definitely not safe.
Went to Tampier and parked in the west parking lot and walked the west shoreline checking ice out about 30 feet from shore. It was around 3 inches in most areas but I did not go out very far. No one out anywhere so that made me a lot more cautious.
Moved over to the north side of 131st and was able to fish under the power lines since it was 3 inches thick. But I definitely did not move or walk in any area that was not previously checked with the spud. Most areas 3 inches but then would move more west and then it would be 1-2 inches. The ice and water was so clear in spots I could see the fish spooking as I used my spud across the lake. Another angler joined me for safety and company, which made the fishing more enjoyable especially since he brought some beer to share. Thanks angler Bob! Ended up with a mixed bag of bullhead, bass, sunfish and perch, all on waxies. All small of course, since it is a CCFP lake but still fun to get out for the first ice fishing of the year.
Palosbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in