ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Kenosha Harbor 8-22 Fish on Kings and Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  washhusky101 
#1 ·
First off all i just want to say i have to get a digital camera so i can start posting pics of fish and this night would have made one hell of a pic. Me and my 10yr old daughter limited out on Browns and Kings in a little over 2 hours. We fished Sunday night between aprox 11:30 pm till 1:45 am. The Browns were very thick in the bay around the Holiday Inn area. We could not make it out to the mouth of Lake Michigan because everytime we put our baits down we had a Brown. The biggest Brown was 12lbs and the smallest was around 4lbs. After catching 6 Browns in a short period of time i told my daughter we are not putting our baits in the water until we get to the mouth of Lake Michigan. So we motored out to the Lighthouse and see a bunch of fisherman casting the point so we got a good distance away from them and turned around and started trolling back into the harbor when the reel started to scream. A 15lb king was boated so we turned around and put the baits back down and it only took a few minutes when we hooked into another one. This time is was a 18lb king. We wound up with 4 Kings that made out our limit. Biggest was 22lbs. All the Kings seemed to be at the mouth area, They were not back inside yeat although we spoke with a shore angler and he said he had what he thought was a King on. We trolled J13 Rapalas in Chartruse and sr5 Shad Raps in silver/black 150 out on the linecounter reels. The water temp was 66. The Kings were nice and silver no turning colors on these fish. This is a very accurate fishing report. I read some other posts of not much action. The winds were blowing pretty good out of the west/southwest last night. Maybe this is why we were just on fire. Whatever it was we could not to anything wrong. It was just one of those nights. But there are a ton of browns in as they are jumping all over the place and 4 Kings at the mouth in a short order of time has to tell me that if we kept digging more would have been had.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.