9/25 on the North Fox and Chain - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 9/25 on the North Fox and Chain

Got out this morning with Joe and PJ from Crete and Launched at Oak Point State Park about 8am. We headed just north of the Rt 173 bridge then drifteded south into the state park area. We fished with bottom boucers, river rigs, inline spinnerbaits and slip bobbers deep and shallow with poor results. PJ got one small largemout about 10 inches. Water temps are still high ( 65-70 degrees) for this time of year.The water level dropped a bit in the past week which left many brush piles and wood along shore that produced this summer, too shallow to fish. It was about noon when we decided to head to Channel Lake to change our luck. We anchored just south of the RT 173 bridge between Channel and Marie and in 5 minutes, PJ got a small but keeper walleye, Unfortunately for all of us, the only walleye for the day. A few perch and rock bass later, we decided to move again.

Joe with PJ's walleye.

We headed over to the west side of Channel Lake which can produce some big "GILL"s but 6-7 inchers is all that we could find. I did get this 13 incher while hunting for the gills.

Then PJ comes through again with a nice 16 inch Largemouth. This fish hit this crawler three different times, the fourth hit, PJ was able to get a good hook set and boated the big fish of the day. We also got about 20 handsize gill's all under the same tree. All bass released, Walleye and Blue Gills were kept for a future dinner. :wink:

Just another day in paradise.

Thank's Joe and PJ for making the trip up for the day, and thanks for the minnows for the fish tank. :wink:

AHHHH!!!! The boats put away and now it's time for dinner.

FILIPINO WALLEYE WITH SPICED RICE !!!!

Hey Joe???? Betcha ya wish ya would have stayed for dinner. eh??

JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

You guys are living large, nice pic's JD good to hear how you all did.BTW man that's a nice looking plate of food, I'm coming over right now MMM that made my mouth water.Bill D>
Fishinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2004, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Great Day JD! Fishing was a little slow, but we had a great time. Thanks for the free "JD Guide Service" you sure know the chain. When PJ and I got home the girls were waiting for a fish fry. The live well kept them all fresh and everyone pitched in to clean fish. We cleaned 29 gills, 3 perch, 1 wallie, and 2 rockbass and were they "Gooood"! Nothing like fresh fish. Look forward to our next outing and the rain check for the fish fry, sorry we could not stay for dinner. The pics look great also.

Joe and PJ
Percheron man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2004, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

29 GILL's Didn't realize we caught that many. You guy's must have been puttin a few in the livewell when I wasn't looking.

Glad you enjoyed the day as I did. Better fishing to come as the weather cools down. October and even in November can be very good. :wink:

FLM....Before the season ends, I'd like to have a day of fishing with a fish fry afterwards. Thinking of October 23rd. Will post it, if I can work it out. :wink:
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2004, 08:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sounds Great JD.I probably wont' put the boat up till December Bill D>
Fishinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in