Tracker wiring diagrams?? - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

I don't own a boat at present but bought a boat there
some years back.
Now I just pass holiday every day
I read the post and got the number for you
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

I will definitely try Holiday. I got a number for a support function off trackerboats.com...I will try them first.

I went to the Tracker service center in Gurnee yesterday that deals with Bass Pro, and needless to say, based on the quality of customer service I received, I 'm very thankful I didn't buy my boat from Bass Pro!

Nothing against Bass Pro personnally, but when I did go up there to get a quote some time ago, they were going to charge me $160 for a spare and the mounting bracket, and $300 for a cover. After I got the quote, I walked over to the accessory aisle and found an applicable spare in the same size $95, a mounting bracket for $8, and universal deep V cover for like $199 or something...so that's $460 for the same things I could have walked 100 feet and picked up myself for ~ $300.
abigmeathead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2004, 12:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

Another thing to try might be to go to a dealer or showroom and just look at the boats they have there and try to compoare them to yours. Each boats wiring is going to be a little differant due to the amount of accessories. In all reality it may not be that hard to find which wire went where. Try and trace the wires back to their starting point. figure out which goes to the motor, fish finder etc. You may have no better option than trial and error. Keep an eye on the device you're working with if you attch the wires and it comes on then Bingo if not reverse the hook-ups and try again. once you find the right combo label the wires. Also look for differences in the wire ends. such as color length or hook-up. Positive wires are normally red with neg or grounds being black. Also the positive wires should've been under some sort or rubber boot to prevent arcing.

Once you get this all figured out installinga radio is not all that hard. So far I have wired one into my boat and this winter i plan on permanatly installing it. The key is to read the instructions and STUDY the wiring harness. Figureing out which wires do what is themost important. After that just make the hook-ups and your done.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

I tried going to Bass Pro and checking out the floor models, but non of them have battery hook up, I guess to prevent everyone and their uncle from pressingall of the buttons and wearing it down.

I understand the red/black, +/- thing, it's just that there is a definite +, with an inline fuse and rubber boot, but there is also a black wire with a tag on it saying to connect it to the battery

That leaves another black wire of the same guage, and another black wire ~ 16-20 guage, which I can't imagine being anything more than a ground by the diameter.

In any case, a wiring diagram is in order, because I took a peek under the console, and there is a jumble of wires loose, as if meant for an aftermarket accessory, but how am I supposed to know what is what...

That's why I find it hard to believe that there are NO wiring diagrams in existance for a Tracker boat.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Look at the Gauge of the wire... There will be a separate red/black pig tail for the engine starter... Also, there will be an entirely separate set of wires for the front trolling motor panel... That will give you 3 full sets of red/blacks to be used with 2 batteries(unless the boat is wired for 24volt troll, then there will be even more)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fSwzRzKGg
ja-knee-sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2004, 11:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

That's the thing...it is wired for 24 volt and the trolling motor has a separate battery. There is clearly one positive, I know that for sure, but there is an unlabeled black wire, about 10 guage, I'm assuming to be the negative, another black wire labeled with a factory tag to attach to pos. terminal, and the smaller guage black wire, that doesn't seem to have a corresponding red wire.

Looks like I'll have to call up someone at the Tracker custmer service number or the dealer where I bought it to figure it out.

Frustrating!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

That's the problem...there is one definite positive - I know that for sure, but there is a black wire labeled from the factory to go to the pos. terminal, while there is another black one that is unlabeled. All of these are ~ 10 guage.

Then there's a lone black wire, ~ 16 guage, that doesn't have a coresponding red wire.

frustrating!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in