Let's go ice fishing - Page 26 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #251 (permalink)

Komo, tell me more about the $25.00 shanty license scam?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #252 (permalink)

I think Komo was the only one that was scammed into buying a shanty license

All the shantys we rented were already licensed...I think the $25 is if you bring your own.
Bunky211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #253 (permalink)

Two Truck,
If you were talking about the post I made on the other thread about the "coming to fish and hot tub" That was not in any way connected to your post and opinion. It was about a conversation Rock and I had about some of the luxury ice house that people have set up. Everyone has their own opion and I try to stay out of that. Just like to have fun and catch fish. If you took it as a bash on you I apoligize for not being more specific.
So lets pop a top and toast to an experiance that will stay with us to pass along to the next generation of two trucks and smeltaholics.
Hope to see you at Pistakee.

Smelt
smeltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #254 (permalink)

That's what I thought. ($25 for using a portable) M-Komo read the regs!!!!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #255 (permalink)

Default 25.00 shanty deal

I would not call it a scam but I beleive that the shanty license is good for the year. Even though I carried the skunk on my back I had a great time at Rockmans the Folks I had the pleasure of wetting a line with were absolutely great. Cabin #3 donated an extra 100.00 dollars to cabin 5 with there poker losses to hep defray our costs. I got some time to shoot the breeze with Ed and determined not only is he a good stick but a good hman being also. Then there I had the pleasure of talking with Fishead who is also a good angler but also in my mind a hero. For a guy pushing 40ish he has been around and I was in awe of the places he has been and what he has done. All the guys were great and would fish with any one of them anytime. I thought Rockman's was a fine place. Food was great the shanty's were clean and The resort looked polished with beautiful Walleye mounts in every room. I am sure the fish are there in numbers when the bite is on. I will definitely go back sometime and do it again. Until next time Good Luck Good Fishing All!!

P.S. I hope to see some of you guys on the chain Sunday at Pistakee.
Ed I will be up for another CLF subscription by Feb. 4. This place takes a lot more work than just clicking my favorites so hopefully folks would throw a little cash to help keep this place what it is
THE BEST DANG FISHING SITE IN ILLINOIS WITH SOME GOOD STICKS AND GOOD FRIENDS.
Best Regards,
Finatic
Finatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #256 (permalink)

Yep, you got it right. Not a scam really. I brought up my shanty expecting to buy a shanty license. That was a dumb move on my part since the winds were so wicked, it would be tough for a portable out there.

I was checking the website and thought the language stated shanty and license for one fee. Found out it was license is one fee, shanty one fee.

Just a dope for buying since I was more mobil without the shanty and didnt need one for on ice shanty.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #257 (permalink)

Default more pics

Got some pics to set the record straight. Thought you did a fine job rockman and appreciate all the effort. You sold me. See you next year.

Mille Lac Sunrise

Truck and Shack

First of the little ones

Ron with his little one
Old 01-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #258 (permalink)

I tried to find something about a hunter's moon. What I found on the web should not be shown anywhere. Here is what I found when I typed in moon rings. http://home.hiwaay.net/~krcool/Astro/moon/moonring/ This guy is the moon finatic. Speaking of Finatic. I hope that you can post the photos that you took. I know it is old school. You'll have to scan them in. In any event, the trip will forever be etched in my mind.
Howard Sprage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 01:29 PM   #259 (permalink)

you had to look up what I told you...what you didnt belive me....and you bet with a 3 high flush even with a 4 card flush on the board...

The Little King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #260 (permalink)

With all due respect King. Hunters moon and plumbers butt ..........seem to be the same to me. And no one really needs to witness that, unless you've got some quarters. But seriously, I guess I'll be watching more Texas hold'em on TV before the next trip or get together. I still think cabin #5 through all of the card games, so cabin #3 wouldn't feel bad.
Howard Sprage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in