Plainfield Fishing CLub/Good spot? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Plainfield Fishing CLub/Good spot?

Looking for some info on some fishing club/ pay lake in Plainfield? My boss asked for advice on where to take his son, and for obvious reasons, I would like to give him a good direction to go in, right around Plainfield. Have heard of this place in Plainfield, that sounds like a good place to teach a kid, and likely he'll catch something, and was wondering if anyone had details on location/cost, etc.
Or if anyone has another suggestion close in that area, would be great. I don't think he is Captain Field and Stream, but I would like to be able to point him toward some gills or sunnies.
Thanks
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

The pay place I think you're referring to is called Plainfield Fishing Resort. I've never been but I've heard good things about the place. I think it's on Renwick Rd. east of route 30. If you're talking about clubs where you can buy a membership, there's a whole other thread on that right now in the classified section under "fishing resort membership wanted"
Tubes77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Tubes, I think that is the place, not looking for anything too fancy, like I said, just want to get my boss on something for him and his kid to spend some time at.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do a google search, they have a website. I'd post it but that would violate CLF rules for posting links to non sponsor's fishing sites.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
JB

Yeah, I think I've been to their website myself. I'm sure the lake(s) there would provide enough action for those interested. It's funny tho every time I open an Outdoor Notebook publication there are always pics from that place in there. It's the same pic just with a different person it seems. Each pic has someone holding a catfish. Never a bass, bluegill or anything else.....always the catfish. So if he's looking for catfish, look no further. I'm sure there are other species that they can have fun with, just wan't to point out that odd observation.
I think the prices are pretty decent there too. JB.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Heck if you want catfish, save your money and drive down to Braidwood or LaSalle. You'll catch just as many without a fee. Plus your chances of catching bass, gils, whites etc. is better there also.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Plainfield Fishing Resort is very clean and well-maintained. They allow you to take a decent limit of fish out of there. The fish that they stock are much larger than what goes into the average put-and-take fishery. It is definitely not a bad place to go for a beginner to mid-range of experience fisherman to learn new things and try out different methods and techniques. Spring is definitely best. I've seen it absolutely explode with baitfish in the fall.
Good luck!
SteveSarley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have fished Plainfield Fishing Resort twice with my 2 kids.
It is on Renwick Road and is $9.00 for adults and $5.00 for
kids I think. I think adults could keep a 6 fish limit of gamefish
and for kids it was 4 fish. No limits on pan fish. I am not all about
pay pond fishing but this was when I lived in Bolingbrook
and it was just 10-15 minutes from home. Decent place to spend
time with the kids. We only caught dink bluegills each time but I
wasn't really seriously fishing it and we were on shore. I have heard from
a "regular" there that there are huge Bass and Cats to be had but
you need to rent a boat to get to them. For us it was a few really
expensive catch and release bluegills.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Tom, Jim, Steve, and JB, that's the place, I found their site on the google search, will let him know during our "meeting" today (after we update our brackets) and maybe he can get his kid out there in a few weeks.
This is the kind of stuff that makes this site worth the subscription (hint, hint to you all who aren't yet) sure beats my subscription to Outdoor Life, since I don't hunt elk in Alberta very often, or penquin trapping in Kamchatka, or go dolphin snagging in the Dominican Republic, or whatever they usually write about.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

How about hidden lakes in Bolingbrook? I taught a class there once an we caught some trout, but I didn't have to pay. Would that be cheaper? Just a thought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in