Fisherman's Dude Ranch in Des Plaines (?) - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was referring to the dude ranch in Des Plaines.

Gene
unremarkable bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2005, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

I think its at 294 and Dempster.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2005, 06:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

UB is correct. Trout cannot survive the heat of summer. Most, if not all stocked trout are either caught in the Spring or they die off - including all the forrest preserve lakes. Therefore, trout are the perfect candidates to catch an release right into the GREASE!!! Might as well use the resource. Pumping cool water into these lakes is the only solution. But it is still difficult to keep these fish alive as any fluctuations in temperature can be deadly. And it is expensive. That is why most pay per fish places around here do not bother attempting to have a year round trout fishery...
815-744-1380
Mount Album: https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...y-fishart.html
>>Check out our new website!!!!<<
http://WWW.FishSpecialties.NET
FishArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

FishArt,

I pretty much feel exactly the same about stocked trout in inland Illinois waters.

However, I have spoken with a couple of fishermen who fish Blackwell often, and they feel pretty certain that the stocked rainbows can survive the summer at Blackwell, given the structure of the lake and that it is thirty-five feet deep. I am not convinced myself, but if it IS true, then it would mean that there would be some serious baitfish in deeper waters for the northern to dine on (thus, the potential for bigger northern at Blackwell).

Ultimately, these trout will never reproduce in any of these lakes.

I think there is like one trout stream in the entire state (the Apple River near Gelena), and even there I am not sure if the stocked trout are able to sustain a natural, breeding population. Maybe they're just their to give the smallmouth a little fresh company.

Gene
unremarkable bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

I believe it is on Golf just east of 294.
3fshys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Its Golf just east of 294. There are the beloved condos going up there. Last time I drove by and actually paid attention there were fences along al the property.

There used to be another trout farm on Rt 12 in lake Zurich. Thats gone now, think its a mini golf place now.
Ed_r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to reelman2 Send a message via MSN to reelman2 Send a message via Yahoo to reelman2

Down here in Bloomington they stock trout each spring in one of the city parks (Miller Park) as part of the catchable trout program. Well a couple years back fairly early in the spring, a guy caught a 6+ pound rainbow out of Miller Park! They said it was obviously one that had survived in the lake for a few years because none of the "stocked" trout were ever any where near that size. Amazing that it was able to survive the summer heat and avoid being caught long enough to reach that size. The lake does have some deeper water though, so I guess it was able to find suitable temps. Seen a picture of it, was quite a nice trout, especially for this area of the state.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_r
Its Golf just east of 294.
oop's Your right.

At least I was in the right state.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

I snuck in there a few winters ago to try and ice fish and drilled about 10 holes all over and not one bite,looked down the holes and the bottom seemed to have no vegetation and nothing but sand on the bottom of all the holes i drilled,seemed to be only about 6-8 fow all over.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to snowgoose Frank
Default Trout Pond

I happened to drive by the pond on Golf and 294 and some of the fence was down and there were about 5 or 6 cars parked there. I could see people fishing the pond but I went by so fast and was not expecting to see anyone I could not tell how many people were there nor did I see any signs saying keepout. I really didn't get a good look because like I said I didn't expect to see anyone there.
snowgoose Frank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in