Fishing on Sunday - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing on Sunday

Anyone heading out on Sunday? I am planning on fishing early Sunday with a friend and our 2 young daughters. I am launching out of North Point around 4:00am, but I've never fished that early before. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we could start and what we should run? We would love for the girls to tie into one of those 4-year olds I see everyone catching this time of year.

I'll post our results on Monday morning.

HJ
HunterJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default sunday

I'll be out early on Sat. (5:30 if all goes per plan) and will post that evening. Check it out-good or bad there will be some info that you can use.
Fishin Maniac
Fishin Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2005, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have been out and probably will be out around the same time, I have had some success in 45 to 70 feet of water. White dodger and White fly or an aqua fly seems to be alright. Difficult to give you an accurate set up because it changes frequently. Also glow spoons early would work for you. I may have my daughter out there as well. See you on the water.
trolling Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2005, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm also heading out there Sat PM and Sun AM. I'll be on 68 - Moorea. Good luck and also be sure to try any purple colored spoons.
Moorea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll be out. Just not sure if I'm going early AM or Evening. I'm leaning toward AM. I'm always on 68.
SEA NYMPH 17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'll be out tomorrow late afternoon until dark, just give Reel Magic a call!
Tubes77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

I went out this morning and the best time was between 5 and 7:30 in 90-100 feet of water, various set ups worked went 5/6.
trolling Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to snowgoose Frank
Default set ups

Various set ups tells us nothing. At least put down the lures and colors
snowgoose Frank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default REPORT

Put the boat in at 6;30 Sat AM. Set up around 65 and worked out. Took 3 heavy hits on white/wmoke dodger and llb fly in 90 -110 fow down 80 on the rigger. Had fire line on that pole and all three pulled loose after 5-10 minutes and several 100 foot plus runs. Things were not looking real good
Next hit was on the leadcore out all colors same dodger and fly combo. Took two lakers between 11-125 fow. Next hits were on a purple spoon with pink dots down 85 on the rigger-4# King. and finally one more on the white/llb combo 80 down on a rigger. Final score 4/7.
6:30 was a little late to take part of the morning bite. Had to keep working and moving to get the hits we did.
Good to see Lucky Dog Bud and finally put an eyeball on him. Hope that his engine problems are not serious. I've got to take my boat in too for carb adjustments Trolling with it is no fun the way she's running.
Saw Sarah Lindsey pulling up to the docks for a late start 12:45 ish. Hope that they were able to get onto a few good fish.
Not much wind and the little flies were all over things.
Good Luck tomorrow.
Fishin Maniac
Fishin Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in