North Point 8/2-8/7 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default North Point 8/2-8/7

Again this will be a general posting since I don`t have the time and it`ll probably get redundant. I ran 11 trips in the last 6 days and I`m back up tonight for another long stretch. I`ve been sticking to the same basic presentations I have for the last few weeks.
The morning bite has been spotty, some days it`s hot and others it`s not. I guess it`s got a lot to do with what level you set up in and how long the bite lasts. I haven`t left the dock before 5 on any morning trips and still managed to come in with at least 12, and up to 28 fish per trip, so if you hang around the fish are still there. I will say I`m surprised on how well a lighted "J-plug" has performed for me right at sun up. One morning it took 5 hits in a row. And on a few afternoons the "Dee`s flasher" in purple (I like purple for Kings) along with a purple spoon has been good, I called Tommy (Tubes) and told him I put one out and it took 2 hit`s in a row , then three, then four, so if given the right combo it`ll produce. I had great success with the Silver Streak "Hot Lobster" spoon too, it looks like a bloody nose but the main body fades from yellow to white side to side.
The afternoon bite has been very good also with a great number of steelies being caught we managed to boat over 20 fish yesterday.
I found the spoon bite to be better for me, but talking with other Captains they`ve had better success with dodger/ flie combos. So I guess it`s up to running what you have most confidence in and sticking with your own personal program.
I don`t have time to post pics, if you want to see some you can get to my site via the link below in my signature or logo at the top of the page, once there click on "2005 fishing pics".

"Wet Nets"
Captain Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in