Howard the Duck's bigtime now, well...maybe... - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Howard the Duck's bigtime now, well...maybe...

One of the new power stix of iceteam. He'll be at a Gander near you this winter again and at Bass Pro.

I figure this will be more education and learning for the foundation. And thanks to those who donated icerods etc.
Pray for ice in central Il. this year so we can put them to use locally.

His pc is dead so he has been a bit in the dark.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I saw his name mentioned on the ice team site.
If he fishes the trap attact I will run into him a couple of times this year. Reedsburg and Brooklyn for sure and maybe even Mn. if I am lucky enuf. Bring on the hard water, I'm ready to play.

Smelt
smeltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I couldn't think of a more deserving guy for the title. Nice work Duck. He is a great sportsman, industry spokesman and friend.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!! :wink:

Smeltaholic, Won't be hard to find him just look for the Duck.
Luke Ice Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah he's those three things and real quacky about getting kids involved in the outdoors through fishing.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

please, nobody keel over........yes it is me and i am posting. sorry it has been a while but work and the never ending pursuit of an ice fishing carrer keeps me busy........

Luke Ice Walker,

Tell mom I await thy coveted brownies!!! (nothing special guys, just good ol fashioned brownies made with love of a mother for two ding dongs headed cross country to ice fish a tourney)

smelt,

i see you want to fish michigan trap this year?..........and the brainerd 150k thingy too..........pick one, they are the same weekend. I will be at all 5 traps this year. If i donot make it to all 5 it will be devil's lake i will miss out on. planning on all of them though. as blu said thanks for the schooleys. i am praying that we get enough cold here this year to do it. me or blu will post what shows i will be doing where and when. i do know that i am going to the huge show in St paul to work. hope to see you there. HtD
Old 10-08-2005, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Howard,
Good to hear from you.
I am giving up the Brainard. I would rather try and make it to the Brooklyn and Reedsburg Traps. I am also fishing the Pelican lake Tournament.
Hope to see you on the ice soon.

Smelt
smeltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2005, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

I heard of some Ice around the Dakota/Canada boarder....hmmmm!!!!
Road trip?
I wonder if we could make it before it melts. Could it be...nah.
Speaking of brownies and lovin' from the oven I've gained over 10#'s this year.
The work out regimen and diet needs to start this week...yeah right.
Supposedly we will be fishing DL also. I don't know why...we Like the abuse I guess.

Later,
LIW
Luke Ice Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2005, 06:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Folks I said maybe seems he dropped his cell phone. Talks me into one then drops his. Nice Howard. I'll see you this am at crappie practice.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

We are getting better a few more sessions and we might have it down pat.....

o yeah I am taking a shorty rod tomorrow....

Old 10-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

A few more practices like today and I will be one seriously rich man!!

Blu, That would have made you the top money man.........er.... that is at the first lake. Took you a bit to get the hang of them Bloomin' crappies.(He schooled us all on the big E, "pumped them craps out like it was HIS house".) My vote is the mites ruled the day tho. We took a rediculous amount of of crappie (whites and blacks), gills, drum, yellow bass, white bass, a couple UGLY rock bass, and even a meanie greenie for Blu......

For you conservationists, out of the 300 plus fish caught all but 30 went back to the lakes.......For you meat hogs, I am sure me and Blu will be dining on crappie tonight.

Now that I have gloated a little........Blu, In all seriousness.........thanks for getting out and hookin' with me today. Work has been pressing and today was the perfect get away.

Guys and Gals, If you ever get the chance to fish with Blu.......DO IT!! This ol' boy knows his fishing. He even gave a kid one of his poles so he could fish too. In-depth knowledge, compassion for fellow fishers (even the little ones), and true outdoor ethics..............he is the true PRO!! HtD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in