ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Kenosha harbor 2/12/06

809 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  fishhawk 
#1 ·
Tried the Kenosha harbor (north) this mornig from about 8am until 11.
Nadda, zip. Had one on about 15 minutes into it, never got a good hook set and lost it quickly, Guessing a brown? Nobody out there catching anything but a buzz.
Went over to the south harbor and only a couple people out there jigging off the south pier through the thin ice. One guy had one small brown said he got it on tube jig and wax worm. North harbor pretty much ice free, South harbor about 80 percent iced in. Very thin ice though. Very easy to break apart with a net handle.
Stopped by Pike Creek Outfitters and the guy there said they were killing them on Saturday on the south harbor on Tube jigs/waxies or lake shiners and bobber. As always, I'm out there a day late. Story of my life...
Day late, and a dollar short. Long ride for nothing except to see a few guys getting drunk at 8am. Which was kind of amusing though.
I was gonna stop down at Waukegan on the way home, but didn't have my Illinois license with me. Maybe next time.
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.