FOREST PRESERVE PONDS WILL NOT OPEN APRIL !st - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

i talked to a dupage county forest preserve ranger that said it was a screw up by cook county. the fish were all a bit late being delivered and when they were notified of the delay they did not respond to the message to verify they still wanted them.oops all the other counties that responded got their trout. he also said as of sat morning they still did not recieve them.
muskygun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskygun
i talked to a dupage county forest preserve ranger that said it was a screw up by cook county. the fish were all a bit late being delivered and when they were notified of the delay they did not respond to the message to verify they still wanted them.oops all the other counties that responded got their trout. he also said as of sat morning they still did not recieve them.
That goes to show you the outstanding job this county (Cook) does for you , I just can't help to think about how many of us DIDN'T go out to vote last election, But sit out here and complain
DERAILERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default AXEHEAD LAKE

I went to Axehead lake this morning... There were signs up there too. It was kind of funny though, I got there about 5:15 and there were about 10-15 cars parked on touhy/river. It was almost like some guys didn't think the signs were real.. Pretty funny, I guess it would be a funny april fools joke by a greedy fisherman? I fished anyways.... THought, why not, I was up early and there, might as well try right? I only fished for a bout an hour.... No bites though. Next weekend will be crazy.... All the guys from dupage, etc will probably be up here instead.... Oh well that might make it fun though.... Guess I will try busse maybe tommorrow....

Mike
fatty68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

i dont think a huge crowd will make it fun but at dupage open it was funny to watch people fishing that close. it also brings out all the wahoos and bucketheads. i saw one guy bring every rod he owned. about a dozen closed faced combos and they were all tangled together, kept him busy the first hour and half he was there. he also had a bad case of plumbers crack and every time he cast his pants went to half mast and the girls near me all cringed and looked the other way. another guy was fishing with a deep sea shark pole and could only cast out about five feet even after wildly swinging a cast.i saw trout caught on a wide variety of stuff saturday.
muskygun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2006, 08:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

They should not stock trout in those lakes anyhow. Those fish are not meant to be in small, warmwater lakes. The ones that aren't caught in early season will probably not make it once the water warms up.

Rook
olemitchell308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in