ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Should have stuck to wading...

823 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  diggerbytheriver 
#1 ·
Left work at lunch....put the boat in...started right up and all electronics working...this turns out was the highlight of the outing...

grabbed a buddy and we worked quite a bit of water...fish sign all over the electronics but they were suspended in the deeper channels and we didnt inititally spend alot of time on them..

worked the bridges,,sqaut...worked the walls,,,,two very dink smallies and A LOT of snags..donated tackle today.....i am pitching fatheads for better part of and hour,,, zip...and then downsized to crappie minnows and moved off upriver into the brush looking for crappies...not a nibble...Hmmmm...the spawn has to be right around now for the crappies..maybe I am to late...maybe I am to early..but they are not on where i think they would bed...but then again..what do i know...

we really covered some water...my buddy has switched to a rap and is casting the clock from all ends of baot...lots of nothing...hmmm...

i decided to go back into the channel(s) and see if i can find out what all the fish on the electornics are..,they are suspended and my experience with suspended fish means very hard to get interested in anything.....this proves true...we might as well have hit them on the head...no takers at all...jig/pigs...short line fatties...sqaut-ola

its actually a really nice day..and although i'd like to be catchng its better then working...so i switch over to craw/tube and work the walls and large rocks.....zip..zip..and more zip...

well i am glad to get the boat out...we didnt sink and we got some sun and shared some laughs....but today the fish gods were elsewhere....i think until we get some more sunny days in a row i will stay in my waders....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.