Waukegan pier - Government pier fishing report? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Waukegan pier - Government pier fishing report?

Ok - I haven't been out to the end of Government pier fishing for about 12-15 years or so. We used to go out ther about now and catch jumbo perch and the odd coho years ago.

My question is - is it still worth going out there for perch today? I've recently move to the area and just remembered how close it is to me now (Round Lake). If so, are lake shiner, fatheads and golden roaches still the way to go?

I've always used a thre-way rig as well. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
TNote
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2006, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Contact Lori or Augie at the Salmon Stop on the corner of Belvidere and Jackson in Waukegan. Phone number in banner ad at left of your screen. Knock 'em dead.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

T-Note,
Yes, the government pier is still a great place to fish perch, all the way out on the end by the lighthouse. Lake shiners are not avalable this time of year, guys are using the large fathead minnows, soft shell crabs,baby and medium roaches, and jigging kastmasters off the bottom. It sounds like the early morning guys are doing a little better, but you can fish it anytime you want.
Give me a call if you need anything else, like 10inchgill said, my banner is on the left!
Good fishin',
Lori
Old 06-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey gill,
Thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in