Boulder Junction / Wildcat Lake Area Camping? suggestions?? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boulder Junction / Wildcat Lake Area Camping? suggestions??

My gal and I are looking for campgrounds up around Boulder Junction, Presque Isle..etc...We are small truck campers pulling fishing boat..would like to know info on what camp areas are up there besides Indian Shores...tough to find info on the State area(s)...we are simple small RV's, no megabus, for us.

Dont need fancy..more interested in what lake or waterway its on or near...we all the little signs for campgrounds at road intersections last tim eup there..if someone can give us somemore contact info, names or websites..we'd be greatful...looking to head up in Octopber..this is our bhig trip of the year for us...thanks..all info is welcome..digger
diggerbytheriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

I just stayed at the stste campground on Clear Lake, just north of Minoqua. It was clean, and very, very nice and secluded. Clear lake itself is an A+ fishery.
MuskyStalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Clear Lake?

Thanks for the info..do you have a contact, phone, e-mail or website..anything....thanks again...how was fishing?
diggerbytheriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's a state campground, and after labor day, I'm sure there is no need for a reservation. I fished Katherine about 5 miles away most of the time and had lots of action with Muskie. I fished clear in the evening on saturday. great lake for smallies and walleye, but difficult to fish due to its great depth, lack of weeds, and ultra clear water. There is alot of offshore reefs and humps, and there is a fair amount of downed wood along the shore. I saw the biggest muskie I have ever seen there when I shined my spotlight in the water as I passed over a narrow neckdown area coming from the main lake to the bay where the camp is. This fish was in about a foot of water and was over 50"
MuskyStalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

i camped at clear in aug its a great place to camp its clean and the lake is awsome.
TaterToT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I fish Clear all the time.

Look for the state forest campgrounds near Trout Lake. There are a few on that 3500 acre lake as well as on Muskellunge Lake, Firefly Lake, Razorback, etc.

Right off of hwy M.
Jig'nMinnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in