!!!!!!!!!!Fall Salmon pier fishing Assistance!!!!!!! - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default !!!!!!!!!!Fall Salmon pier fishing Assistance!!!!!!!

Im generally new to fishing and especially salmon fishing of shore lines and piers. The question that i desperately need the answer to is generally when and where and what to use. I know some basics by reading post....and generally i see alot of people use spoons as basic lures to catch are there any other lures that would be succesful in landing a Salmon......The next thing is where and when im familiar with most of the chicagoland area but unclear of specific locations and time that the salmon are most active.......so if anyone can clear this situation up for me i would be most greatful.
Anglernomiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

I really like little cleos, but this last Satuday J13 and reef runners were the way to go. Green, firetiger and yellow did well. As for where to go government peir is good...take 94/204 north to 120 and go east till it stops..Or stop in at the salmon stop at Jefferson and 120 for a report. Then go east on 120 till it ends then tunr left and follow the signs to the boat launch. Once you in the parking lot you will see the long peir, that is goverment peir.

The Little King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Soak some spawn

While your throwing all thse spoons and stick baits, soak some spawn under as slip bobber, no weight. Had some luck this morning.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rvt2000/a ... e2&.src=ph
Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

two things KingFish and Little King

Quote:
Posted: 10:15am - Oct 9,06 Post subject: Soak some spawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While your throwing all thse spoons and stick baits, soak some spawn under as slip bobber, no weight. Had some luck this morning.
what is a spawn and what is a stick baits!?

Two Little King

Quote:
take 94/204 north to 120 and go east till it stops..Or stop in at the salmon stop at Jefferson and 120 for a report. Then go east on 120 till it ends then tunr left and follow the signs to the boat launch

I still have no idea where this is am i going to to have to take 294 N. to where 120( is that a route) than east..............im actually coming from Glendale Heights......in the west suburbs ill have to take 290 east to 294 N. and thats where im lost at help me out pleeeeeeeease!
Anglernomiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

You want to go north on 294. 120 is Belvidiere road and it is the exit right before Grand Ave., which is the Great America exit. Go east and it ends right by the lake. You are going to Waukegan Harbor. I hope this helps.
toothdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Might be closer to goto Burnham Harbor. Just take 290 to you get to Lake Shore Drive. Goto the Adler Planterium. Fish anywhere. Same results, same action.

Spawn = fish eggs.

Stickbaits = lure that resemble sticks = rapalas = reefrunners
brushnroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default search

Most of your questions have been discussed at length in other posts. Do a search for your topic, this site is RICH with info.

GoodLuck
Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelreiser
Goto the Adler Planterium. Fish anywhere. Same results, same action.
Hey Joel. What's the most recent report on fishing at the Planetarium? Is that area crowded, accessible (parking, long walk from parking to fishing spot?). Interested in trying that spot out. Where's the best "spot" if any? Also, just curious - what fish do you have on in your avitar pic?
Snookguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2006, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookguy
Quote:
Hey Joel. What's the most recent report on fishing at the Planetarium? Is that area crowded, accessible (parking, long walk from parking to fishing spot?). Interested in trying that spot out. Where's the best "spot" if any? Also, just curious - what fish do you have on in your avitar pic?
plenty of parking unless thew bears are playing and there are several spots to fish, inner pipe, outer pipe , notherly island, McCormick, west wall , handicap pier, or from a boat if you like. just go out and walk around and see what everyone is doing. can't catch fish if you don't go out.
FISHING&FORDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookguy
Quote:
Burnham Harbor is great. There are meters that aren't that bad, there is a fishermans lot that you can get a pass from Henrys. etc. etc. [email protected] is a Burnham harbor regular. His advice is good.

As for the fish I had hooked, 200lb plus bull shark!!!!
brushnroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in