Flurry of Feathers at On Point 2/3/07 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Flurry of Feathers at On Point 2/3/07

Well it's on, it's go time, the flurry of birds will be held on Sat 2/3 at 8am sharp. I promise there will be no waiting and we will be planting birds early. This is a little different from the past hunts because everyone likes to hunt with friends and family, so I thought it would be a great idea to just sell the field and not a perman charge. This way you get to pick who you hunt with and how much you want to pay. Each field will include 10 Quail, 35 Chukar, and 20 Pheasants for a total of 65 birds in each field. Each field will cost only $700.00 including lunch and a beverage. If two guys want to go out and have a complete free for all it's all good knock'em dead. The max per field will be five shooters and one guide (if requested), for safety. We will only be able to accomidate 6 fields, 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Space is already filling fast and you will need to get a hold of Jamie, Donna, or Dale to reserve you field. Do to the nature of the hunt and the limited avaliable space a security deposit would be greatly appreciated we just want to make sure that everyone that wants to get in on the flurry has the opportunity, a cancellation at the last minute would be a grave misfortune for those who couldn't make it and to those who would of liked to make it.

The whole idea started from the last hunt put on by On Point that I had the great fortune to guide. At the very end of our already fantastic hunt we hit a flurry of birds that left me dreaming of the day I could offer that kind of hunt to everyone who wanted it. That's how the now titled "Flurry of Feathers" came to be. This is a great opportunity for those upland hunters that don't have the chance to get out west for the real deal, to get a little taste of what is like. I have not had that pleasure but could only imagine seeing 3,4 ,5 or even more birds getting up at the same time and trying to decide which one to shoot. It was like the 4th of July at the end of a great fireworks show when the hit the grand finale and everyone stands there in awe.

I know that one possibly two morning hunts may be spoken for but it will be a first come first serve basis and if it is a big hit we will be having an oncore performance shortly after that. CALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
birdogman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Hunter_4_Life

Birdflu has confirmed a spot for this outing. That leaves 5 more left. Cully, Tubes, TJP, Little King, Captain Jim, etc you guys up for this event? This will phenominal. You guys might want to pick up some more ammo at the store because you will need it. It's a month away from go time.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Keep me posted

2-3-07 that's a Saturday hunt! just checking

And a open day on may calander. so count me in.

Let me know how the fields are filling up, and if any need another hunter

I will also try to get a couple more to go.

There should be feathers flying that day!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Oh yeah baby!!!

Hey guys, just got back from my bone fishing trip in Mexico. What a rush! I stopped counting after catching 20 or so... Seriously, on a flyrod those things will wear you out!!!

Now I'm back and I need my bird fix so I'm in for the "flurry of feathers." I know I've been saying this for awhile now, but my dog should definitely be done by the 3rd. Jim, I'd love to have him run w/ Griz if you're bringing him out.

Anyway, count me in!!!
Fish/n/thusiast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cully if you would like me to bring Griz you got it. With flushers it will be fast paced, so bring your best shooters with you and lots of amo, oh and maybe a shoulder pad for all the banging. Ha! Ha!. I will also bring my two pointers just incase the flushers miss one or two birds or just to give everyone a brake from all the fast paced action.

One morning field is spoken for already and it sounds like we have another one hear. Please make sure to give Jamie or Donna a call to reserve your field it is very important to do it as early as possible.

CAN'T WAIT YEA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'll take a field as well let me know about some of the times and such.
jay7108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Jay7108 there is one morning field left and 3 afternoon fields please call Jamie or Donna at 815-285-0615 to book your field. Remember you can have as little or as many people as you would like up to 5 in the field. I personally guarentee there will be no delails at getting you in the field on time.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbarthelt

If anyone out there is thinking about doing this but doesn't have enough to make a group, let me know. Perhaps we can put together a hodgepodge group, because I'm very interested in doing this.

Joe
Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Hunter_4_Life

Fishinnut are you going to be able to make it to this. This is right up your alley. It won't be the same with out your group.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

I would like to make it, but thats my weekend to be on 24hr call
Next time!
Ejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in