Waukegan this year and other thoughts / questions... - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2002, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

In advance, I know this is a long post (War and Peace perhaps)...but I have some points and some questions, so I figued, this IS our forum; here it goes.

Hey all - "we" always look forward to the spring and fall runs for everything. I know that salmon are coming and going - the whites/sauger/walleye will fall in line - smallies will be good throught the summer and I know the 12 Gauge will need a lot of cleaning by Christmas.

The weather the past couple of seasons, the long winters(cold), rains making levels go up and down and then these crazy Indian summers have really had an impact on fishing.

I know last year around the 2nd week of September we were just finishing up at Waukegan. This year, I only really got a decent amount of fish twice & not like before. I always watch the clock/H2O temps/Conditions but anymore I am just confused!!!

I fished Waukegan Friday night (Driving for 70 miles to get there) to fish from 9 til 3:30 to only see just a couple of people and fewer fish, then decided to drive all the way out to the Illinois to try for Whites. We did okay, but also, not like the days of old.

Is it just me or are there that many people messing up our waters; are WE not doing enough to help out our own situations or ???

More than once my partners and I have had run in's with people not following the rules, or DNR not being where it would be most obvious! I truly think we need to start policing ourselves a little more.

I love the outdoors. I can pull out the calendar and write down all of the things I will be chasing throughout the year - on top of other sports and the most important thing, Family.

Anymore it seems the calendar is having more and more free time and my truck doesn't have nearly as many miles on it anymore - do what you can to share information with your fellow CLFers and do what you can to help out our understaffed DNR officials.

I know I am all over the place here, but if we all don't start chipping in, you will all end up like me if you already aren't...

Driving 70 miles for Salmon
Driving 55 miles to get to the Illinois
Doing some serious studying of the Fox and wading new areas all the time (gone are the days of just running down to the river close to the house to just pick up some quick fish before/after dinner)
Driving to the cooling lakes -

I hope Mother Nature starts working with us again. I hope that somebody catches something locally without having to drive up to Cheddar Land! and that you all have a good Christmas! Most of all - I hope I get at least one more Salmon this Friday night when our caravan heads up there for 1 last chance this year (even though the posts haven't been good)....and I have a nice clean shot at that Turkey Day dinner!

I guess Ignorance is bliss!
12inch Lure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in