ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

7/25/07 Flathead Geneva Dam

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Polish Moose 
#1 ·
Went down to the west side of the Dam in Geneva yesterday. Rigged up my two poles and casted in the first one about 10 feet from the wall and 10feet behind the boil. Before I could even cast in the 2nd pole the fish hit hard. Measured 27" weighed about 8lbs. About 25min later another hit, was only 20" about 3-4lbs. Went another hour with no action. Im pretty excited because I went out flattie fishing about 12times before this and never landed a fish. hooked bout 6 and all threw the hook. It was just some bad luck. But if ur a flathead fisherman or new to the game and are on a dry spell. DONT GIVE UP!!!

See less See more
#10 ·
Good job. I don't clip the fins either. They are hearty fish, but when you start stressing them out with clipping fins and such I think you may get more pumping from the gill initially, but it will not live as long. When you are playing a waiting game, I take the long term effectiveness over the immediate. Tight lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.